The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

September 8, 2009
By Anonymous

A cold, brisk wind was blowing as I lay in a field of grass. The place was unfamiliar to me but had a homey feeling. I sat up to see a teenaged boy with long dark brown hair. His bangs brushed his eye-brows and the rest of his hair came down a couple inches longer than his ears. His eyes were a dark brown and were filled with innocence and something else that I couldn’t describe. His skin was a dark tan that covered his entire body. He wore a gray jacket and jeans. He was staring at me.

“Who are you?” I asked. He didn’t answer. He just stared at me. He stared at me in a weird way. I’d seen someone stare at me that way before but I couldn’t remember who. “Who are you?!” I demanded. “My name is Ethan Cooper.” He spoke in a soft voice. “Where are you from? Do I know you?” I asked confused. I’d never heard of anyone named Ethan Cooper.
“I’m from Baltimore, Maryland. And no you do not know me. But I know you Helen Johnson from West Virginia.” He said smiling wickedly even though his eyes were still innocent. I was taken back. How did he know my name and where I lived if he was from Maryland? “How do you know me?” I stuttered. “I can’t tell you that now, but the answer will come clear soon enough Helen. Now wake up.” He said. I was confused. Wake up? “WAKE UP!” He screamed.
I bolted up. Sweat was beading down my face. My mom was standing beside my bed. “Honey, are you ok?” She asked. “Yeah, just a bad dream. I’m fine.” I said wiping sweat off my forehead. She left and I got ready for school.


The author's comments:
This is a piece of my book that I'm writing. Helen, the main character, is having a dream about a boy who later she meets in real life. Also the picture isn't Helen, I just picked it because it's pretty.