The Dream

By , White Sulphur Springs, WV
A cold, brisk wind was blowing as I lay in a field of grass. The place was unfamiliar to me but had a homey feeling. I sat up to see a teenaged boy with long dark brown hair. His bangs brushed his eye-brows and the rest of his hair came down a couple inches longer than his ears. His eyes were a dark brown and were filled with innocence and something else that I couldn’t describe. His skin was a dark tan that covered his entire body. He wore a gray jacket and jeans. He was staring at me.

“Who are you?” I asked. He didn’t answer. He just stared at me. He stared at me in a weird way. I’d seen someone stare at me that way before but I couldn’t remember who. “Who are you?!” I demanded. “My name is Ethan Cooper.” He spoke in a soft voice. “Where are you from? Do I know you?” I asked confused. I’d never heard of anyone named Ethan Cooper.
“I’m from Baltimore, Maryland. And no you do not know me. But I know you Helen Johnson from West Virginia.” He said smiling wickedly even though his eyes were still innocent. I was taken back. How did he know my name and where I lived if he was from Maryland? “How do you know me?” I stuttered. “I can’t tell you that now, but the answer will come clear soon enough Helen. Now wake up.” He said. I was confused. Wake up? “WAKE UP!” He screamed.
I bolted up. Sweat was beading down my face. My mom was standing beside my bed. “Honey, are you ok?” She asked. “Yeah, just a bad dream. I’m fine.” I said wiping sweat off my forehead. She left and I got ready for school.

SheilaZyra said...
I would definitely get the book! What I read here is weird and cool and now I'm really interested in what happens next!

melone96 replied...
I'm so glad to hear this comment! I'll definately post more parts of my book on Teen Ink. And if I get my book published I'll let you know! Thanks for the comment!