Cancer | Teen Ink

Cancer

August 28, 2009
By Emmy-lou BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
Emmy-lou BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I claw the walls in search of a way out. I'll never find it, but I cant stop. No one shall remember me, nor my name. For it means "the one WE call INSANE." This life just keeps dragging on! Wont stop 'til it finds a way to destroy us all!

Why cannot anybody find a cure for life? As diseases run through the blood of inocent lifes, doctors forget what it means to have a normal childhood. And dont give it thought.

Mine was crucial. Living in fear that there will be no answer. When I shout, I only hear an echo that tells me that no one will ever understand. The people that say they do...realy dont. I tend to put their voices behind.

The man that visits me in my sleep doesnt tell me to wake up. Who is he? Does HE understand? Will I still wake up? By the time this nightmare comes, I fade away into the darkness. Black walls with inscribed words I wrote surround me. Still no one listens nor watches for signs of me. I guess pain is followed by hate. Living through that, just, isnt worth it.


Why I stick here and wait a little while longer, is because I know god works in mysterious ways.

Never again, though, will you read this and think of me, becuase I'm gone now. I put up with this for too long.

Nobody said that life was easy, nor did they say life is a terrible way to die.


The author's comments:
I was inspired by the movie "A Haunting In Conneticut."