To Jane,

Dear Jane,

There’s something that I’ve never said very much to you, and that is the words I’m sorry. Those words are thrown around everyday so much that it’s almost a total cliché. You hear it everyday from the cheating politician, a stranger that bumped into you, your boyfriend. This time, when I say it, know that I’m saying it because it’s the truth and not just because it’s what I’m supposed to say or that it’s courteous to do so. I’m saying it because I am. You’ve always been there for me, even when everyone I knew hadn’t been. You don’t judge me for what I was, and that means so much. I know that I’m a little broken, and that I can be a handful sometimes, but I just want you to know that I love you with everything in me. Every time that I think about you, I smile. I sometimes find myself grinning for no reason at all, but than find out it was because you were somewhere in my head. I know that we can’t be together because it would never work out between us, and I understand this. I just want you to know that if you were ever need to come to me, you can. I’m not ever going to go after you like I did before. If anything I’m just going to have to wait and see if anything between you and I changes. I’ve always been in love with you, ever since the first time you gave me a smile, and I think that I always will be.

Unfaithfully yours,

Jase

Jellybean9898 said...
Jane's real?  did u really give this to her, or is it just a piece u wrote for the site?  Is this like a real letter?  cause that's so sweet!

JaseC replied...
Jane is a real person. This is a real letter, and I actually gave it to her.

writergirl22 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was really amazing
i got chills

JaseC replied...
why thank you :) 

carijoy said...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 3:34 am
This is great! It is so deep, real, and raw.
I know many people can relate to this situation, we all have Jane's in our lives... Keep it up! :)

JaseC replied...
Thanks :)