IN MY MIND.....

By , GLENARDEN, MD
It’s the 5th anniversary of your death, and yet I still haven’t gotten over you. I sit in your favorite chair, wearing your shirt contemplating. Lost in thoughts of what use to be and surrounded by the vast emptiness of memories being washed away. Tears falling down my face, I suddenly hear a noise. Startled, my heart racing I turn…..and freeze. I remember those shoes….the shoes that incited fear up my spine with each lonely squeak upon the floor. I remember those jeans….the ones with the tear on the side and paint stains from our affair. I remember that shirt…..the shirt we always fought over. Those hands, so slim and elegant, connected to a body that’s longing to be held. Connected to a face I know must watch me now. Scared, dreading yet knowing what’s coming I look up and realize…..its me…staring back at me is my own reflection. Wearing the clothes of memories washed away of moments that will never happen again.

lemons_r_crazy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love that last line!

SHOOTINGSTAR09 replied...
aww thanks! :-)

Vicky a. said...
This is really good..OMG it reminds me of when i lost a loved one its really hard to get over them...