This Is Me

The force of the slap seemed to reverberate throughout her whole body. The area where he had hit her burned as though on fire. She never screamed anymore. He didn't deserve the satisfaction of hearing her scream.
"What the hell did you just say to me?" He growled.
Johnathon swayed unsteadily, his face and neck were a deep red. Erica willed herself not to yelp as Johnathon grabbed a fistful of her dark hair and yanked her to her feet.
"I won't ask again." He ordered threateningly in her ear. His breath reeked heavily of booze.
Erica turned her head to look at Johnathon. His mouth was set in a thin line. Jaw locked, eyes red- rimmed and pupils dialated. She hated this man so much. This man she had once called 'daddy'.
"I said, I'm leaving; and I'm taking Kori, and you won't stop me." Erica said.
No matter how she tried, her voice sounded small. She wished she could sound stronger. She wished she had the strength to get free of Johnathons' grasp.
"Like hell I won't!" Johnathon roared.
He took Erica and threw her to the floor. She stifled another scream as her head cracked against the concrete basement floor.
Johnathon swayed dangerously, he was too drunk to be able to keep this up for much longer.

Racheldonaldson said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:01 am
this is great! i love how you mentioned she wished she could be stronger, i think a lot of people will be able to relate to that part! i know i can!