Another Story

I was sitting in the park when I heard a child throwing a tantrum. "Mommy, I want a balloon NOW!" Typical for a preschooler. That's when the wheels started turning. I could write a story about a child who always wanted a balloon, but could never afford one, and then, maybe-- but no. Nobody would read a story about that. I reluctantly put my pen down. What can I write about? I pulled out a fresh sheet of paper and picked up the pen. Think, Sarah, think. Well, that man on the corner. That homeless man, right there. Maybe, a long time ago, he was a reporter, but after writing a column on a criminal, the criminal saw it and became angry at him, and, and-- I can't write a story like that! I'm scaring myself thinking about it. Let's see... That guy with the skateboard. That's it! I could write on him, and his dreams to become famous, and to... My ballpoint pen flew a across the page! A gust of wind blew away old papers with even older ideas, but I didn't care! Someone would read this. It suddenly came to a halt. Writer's block. Mid-sentence writer's block. What now? I looked up. Skater boy was walking in my direction! I quickly started shoving papers in my backpack. "Hi." It was too late. The person I was writing about was standing right next to me. "Can I sit here?" I nodded and moved my stuff over. "Do you write?" He asked me. "Yeah..." I shyly replied. "Cool. What are you writing about?" What was this guy, a police officer? Because he sure had the interrogating part down pat! "Nothing special," I said as I inched away with my partial story in hand. "Come on! Let me see!" I held away the paper. And he grabbed it. "Give it back!" I begged. Nope. He was already reading it. "Hey, is this about me?" I looked down at my feet. "I wish this kind of stuff happened to me. Can I help you finish it?" Was he serious? Or was he just making fun of me? No, his eyes were hopeful. "Sure, if you want." I replied. So he began telling me about himself. And my hand was, once again, scribbling across the page. And before long we had written another story.

JenMikalaEngel said...
Some punctuation is a bit off, and it would be nice as a paragraphed-out story, but other than that I thought that it was quite good! 

AidanR. said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:54 pm:
Hey, I've read three of your stories so far, and they're all well written, but they're so short, and they just end! Are they just the beginnings?  Do you have a full story on here anywhere?  I really want to read one if there is.

PeaceLovePiggy replied...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 5:03 pm :
Thanks, I'm glad you like them! Actually, they're mostly just little things where I just had a sudden brain blast, and decided to see what I could write in 5 minutes. However, I am continuing my story The Secret Letters, and I am writing it with two of my friends!! =] We haven't gotten to work on it in a while, but we're hoping to have Chap. 2 out soon!! =]

mudpuppy said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:42 pm:
I haven't read a story like this before anywhere. One of a kind, baby! :)

PeaceLovePiggy replied...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 4:59 pm :
Thanks, that's what I was going for!! =]

Michaela S. said...
WOW! I loved it! It was pretty funny hearing the person's thoughts! Keep writing! :)

PeaceLovePiggy replied...
Oct. 25, 2009 at 7:01 pm :
Thanks again! :D

SarahZ replied...
Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:45 pm :
I Love this. I'm in love with a skater boy and my name is Sarah so it's strange but I love it. Keep writing!

PeaceLovePiggy replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:58 am :
Really? That's cool! Well, I'm glad you liked my story! Thanks for commenting! <3

.Irie. .. said...
I agree with what Madison_R said. I really like this story, it has some good points and the words are effortless to read. You made the writing very easy for the reader to understand, which is sometimes really hard. Great job keep up the good work!

PeaceLovePiggy replied...
Sept. 14, 2009 at 6:22 am :
Thank you!!!!! :D

Madison_R said...
This story has alot of potential. I think that if you cleaned it up by making the dialogue seperate paragraphs and addding a little more interesting description to what she sees and does, this would be fantastic. Also, I suggest getting rid of the exclamation marks. You should let your writing convey the emotion, not the punctuation. You're off to a good start!