My Big Brother's Polka Dots

Hey, wanna know a secret? My big brother, Tobin, is polka-dotted. If you don't believe me you can look for yourself! He tries real hard to hide them but one day while he was changing I saw them. They’re real pretty, all different shapes and sizes and colors. Most are dark purple and black, but some are this bluish color and they're all over his body. One day I asked him how he got his polka-dots and he said they're not polka-dots and that daddy gave them to him. This confuses me though, because daddy is always yelling at Tobin about something so why should he get the polka-dots when I'm his little princess? I told him I wanted some and he said no you don't and I said yeah I do because how can he know what I want and he said trust me you don’t. So I’m trusting him but it makes me angry that he gets all the polka-dots and I don't get any. When I told Tobin that he laughed a weird laugh like I said something funny said you’re too young and you just don’t get it then went to go get daddy another beer. Yesterday I accidentally poked one of his polka-dots and he yelped like skip when I step on his paws. Then he told me don’t do that it hurts and made me promise not to tell anyone about his polka-dots but I never was good at keeping secrets so I told you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone else! okay?

Kenzi said...
it was awesome mickey! the picture fits the story well and it improved from the first draft u showed me. you did a great job writing it from the little girls point of view, keep it up! :p

Rosie :) said...
Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:55 am:
Great job Micks! I knew this would get published. It's soooo sad and sweet and amazing. Your writing never ceases to amaze me! *hugs*

jen9193 said...
Jul. 26, 2009 at 10:22 pm:
that was beautifully written. I like how you made it from the little girls point of view. I agree. its underexposed.