Heaven: First Person P.O.V. | Teen Ink

Heaven: First Person P.O.V.

By Eggz62792 SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Eggz62792 SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I felt the warmth of my body leaving me, as I slowly fade away, falling down, down onto the ground, and down into the darkness, for death consumes me; I pray to my God for just a little more time. Time to say my goodbyes to my loved ones. I wish to give my great love a sweet, departing kiss, and my child a caring hug to bid him farewell. But unfortunately, my prayers are not answered. Still I know in my heart that I have given them all my compassion and love, thus saying I have no regrets as I open my mouth. I close my eyes, with death, I felt following swiftly after. But then I re-open my eyes, believing that I am alive, until I see myself in a perspective: laying dead on the ground, for I am now a spirit. After this brief moment of amazement, I feel a warm sensation, grasping my shoulder. I turn to face what grasped my shoulder, only to bare witness to an angel. Upon seeing the angel it then speaks to me, calling itself the angel of death, and stating that it has come for me. I do not deny why the angel has come for me, and I accept my fate as I accompany the seemingly holy being. As we go past the clouds beyond even the bounds of the earth I see everything occurring in the world as I leave the earth. I see my wife holding her chest, as if her heart aches, and I also see my son laying sideways on his bed, with a grim appearance, as if they both knew that I’ve died. As I continue leaving my world, the angel takes me to this great and astonishing place. A place with golden gates which defend such magnificence. Upon opening for the angel of death I ask “What is this place?” to which the angel replies “This is a place of eternal rest for you. A place known as Heaven.”

Written by: Matt
Edited by: Joe
Special thanks to Justin, for giving me the idea to write “Heaven” in first person point of view.

on Nov. 30 2009 at 10:09 pm
I know this is a VERY delayed reply, but thanks, Hayley! :D

on Jul. 26 2009 at 2:16 pm
Hayley Camille Miller, Arnold, Maryland
Very nice Matthew.