The Triumph | Teen Ink

The Triumph

February 13, 2024
By Anonymous

It was the night that Kedgar had been waiting for, his whole life. It was the last game of the season to decide whether or not Kedgar would play for AL Hilal SFC. He was nervous because he knew that, if he messed up everything, he would not be able to play for the famous team that he has been waiting to be part of. He worked so hard to get there. June 11, 2026. Mogi Das Cruzes, At minute four of the first half. St. Paul's School scored 1 against Mogi Das Cruzes High School. At that moment, Kedgar was worried because he knew that the game was not going to be easy. The number one reason was that they scored a goal when the game just started. The president of Al Hilal SFC was watching Kedgar from outside of the field while he talked with the coach about Kedgar and whether or not he could play for Al Hilal SFC. He knew that he could do better, and he was going to do his best. 25th minute, when a striker of the other team was dribbling through every single defender on Kedgar’s team, The striker ended up scoring another goal. At the last minute of the first half, St. Paul's school almost scored another goal. But Kedgar’s team didn't let them. Kedgar and his team were really upset because they didn’t do anything during the first half. The coach called them to make a circle. They started talking about how they were playing and the coach was telling them that they are  going to leave the football field with the trophy. He was also telling the strikers to not be afraid of making shots, that it didn’t matter if they missed, and that it was more important that they try. At the end of the meeting in the locker room, they started to feel confident and told each other that they could do it if they worked together. The new half was about to start. Kedgar and his team were locking in for the second half and being ready to destroy St. Paul's High School. The second half started. Kedgar’s friend had the ball and tried to dribble through the other team’s players. Kedgar made a long-distance run to the goalkeeper’s area. Kedgar was a little nervous because he didn't want to miss the shot. In the end, he didn’t! Kedgar scored the first goal for his team and everyone in the bleachers stood up to give the team applause. The coach started to put a smile on his face because he knew that they were going to win the second half of the game. The coach of the other team started to yell at his players and told them to play better. Kedgar’s team started to feel better. The other team had the ball, while Kedgar and his friend tried to steal it. The other team lost the ball, While Kedgar and his friend dribbled through every player on the way together.As they worked toward the goal, Kedgar and his friend were very close to scoring another goal. Kedgar had the ball and he sent it to his friend. When his friend was about to take a shot, he was tackled by a defender from the other team. It ended up being a penalty for kedgar’s team. His friend was injured now. He couldn’t keep playing for the rest of the game. Kedgar felt bad because his friend couldn’t keep playing. He told Edgar to keep going and play his best. Kedgar was ready to take the penalty. The ref whistles… Kedgar takes the shot… and he scored!. Kedgar´s friend felt happy because he believed that his friend could make it to the end. The scoreboard now read 2-2, And the coach felt a lot happier. At minute 34 of the second half, the other team had the ball. Kedgar’s team was trying to defend their field, but it didn’t work. The other team scored their third goal. Kedgar and his teammates were worried because they only had 11 minutes to tie the score. The other team celebrated the goal that they scored. The game continued, Kedgar had the ball and he passed it to another teammate. He started to run as fast as he could. They got to the other team’s side of the field and they ended up scoring another goal!, it was a hat trick of Kedgar! The game continued, and the game ended up as a tie.They were ready to have extra time to totally finish the game. At the end of the extra time, neither team scored. they were going to penalty kicks. kedgar’s goalkeeper got ready. The first penalty kicker of the St. Paul’s team readied to take the penalty, and they scored again. kedgar’s teammate also readied to take the next penalty. They also scored. St. Paul’s took the other team takes the penalty, And they scored. Kedgar’s teammate takes the next penalty. They scored. St. Paul’s took the next one, but the goalkeeper stopped it! It’s the last penalty and Kedgar was going to take it… the president of Al Hilal was watching closely. Kedgar got ready. With all eyes watching, He scored! Kedgar’s team won the game! The most important game of his life. Kedgar’s friend was happy because his friend made it, as he knew the beginning. Now, Kedgar could apply to play for Al Hilal. He also won a trophy. He made his dream come true. 


The author's comments:

I am Edgar, I have an Edgar cut and i play soccer. The story is about a kid in Brazil who is trying to play for a famous team.