Wonders of a Seven year old | Teen Ink

Wonders of a Seven year old

In a very small town named Ding Dong in Texas with a population number of a whopping 300 residents. There was a small family named the Wiggins, just 3 of them. The Wiggins lived in a trailer with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Justin and Valentine were Tim's parents and Justin worked 9 hours a day at a construction site and makes 12 dollars an hour, but he gets paid weekly so sometimes it is rough. So if Justin missed a day or two his paycheck was off. Justin brings in an average of 300 dollars with taxes taken out. The 3 hundred dollars had to hold them over for a week or two sometimes. Now Tim is in 2nd grade and Justin got fired so things for Tim are super hard and is falling behind in school. Justin finally got a new job making $11.50 an hour. Tim’s teachers are pretty worried about him, so there is a parent teacher conference and Mrs Sing, also known as Tim’s teacher, really wants Tim's parents to come out because she has some questions to ask for Tim's sake. Two days later at the parent teacher meeting Tim's parents came to it. So Mrs Sing asked why Tim was missing so much school and if everything was okay. Tim’s parents answered yeah we know and it is because of how justin lost his job and did not have gas money and it ended up stressing I'm to the point where he stopped doing anything and now he has all d’s and is so far behind. So Mr and Mrs.Wiggins, how could we help? I * stutters* I don't know. Here’s an idea: what if we gave you a job justin starting at 20 dollars an hour with benefits and a bonus first pay. How could we? Don’t worry, I already talked to principal brown and he said  he would be glad to give Justin the job. Uh babe what do you think? I mean yeah we could have the money anyways. Yes it’s gonna help you guys out so much and we could also use the extra staff. Think of it this way Mr Wiggins you can be my helper teacher and help out your son maybe he would get back into it. Yeah, hopefully. Alright Tim let’s go home okay dad. Tim it’s time to go to school today, why mom? Tim, you're going to school with dad and that’s the end of it, get up please. Wait with dad! I’ll tell you later when you get up okay mom. So I am a ready mom. Wait what do you mean by dad going to school? Okay son we probably should have told you yesterday but daddy is gonna start working as an assistant teacher for Mrs sing and he will help you and your classmates. So dad, you get to come to school with me? Yeah son, I'm also going to go to your class. Dad, why do you have to come in? Son it's because school asked daddy to work for them and they were paying me really well and we could use the money, but dad what if kids make fun of me for having my dad with me at school. They will think I'm scared and need my daddy.Well son, if they make fun of you, ignore them and tell the teacher,can I tell you ? Sure,but dad what if they say stuff that is mean and make me cry. Well son they're not gonna do anything they will probably think it’s cool i bet they want their dad at school with them.Alright Tim let's go in okay dad. Hi class sorry i'm late let's introduce our new helper. What’s your name”? My name is Justin Wiggins but you can call me Mr J. Okay thank you Mr J. Alright class opens our math books to page 17. Uh yes Tim where is it. Mr j can you assist him please yes mam.Okay buddy right here. Thanks dad. Dad! The class said. Yes class Mr J is Tim’s dad but you will still be nice to both of them. Hey Tim is that your dad?Yes,Dude Tim that sick yeah Tim that's really cool I wish my dad came to school with me,Really? Yeah.Dad guess what wait don't you want us to act like we're not super close. Who cares dad my friends said it was really cool that my dad comes to school with me. See son me and mommy told you that  your friends would not be mean. 2 years later Tim was in fourth grade and Justin still worked at the school but Mrs Sing Retired the year after Tim's second grade year. Anyways Justin still worked in the second grade hallway. Nobody has ever made fun of Tim or his dad. The Wiggins have started to do really good financially. They got a new house still in Ding Dong but three bedrooms because they are expecting a newborn but they also got a new car which is a 2020 Nissan Rogue so they needed more room. The Wiggins insist on donating to charities and helping the poor because they said they have been there and they know how it feels. The Wiggins also say they got nowhere to go but up from where they are.

It took me 3 weeks to make this.