Run Away Love! | Teen Ink

Run Away Love!

By Monea&#39 Holland BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Monea&#39 Holland BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

My name is Sharon and I ran away from home when I was 9 years old because my mother was doing drugs and I had a step-dad that would try to touch me every night before bed. I really hated that but I couldn't do anything about it because no one not even my mother would believe me.

I had a best friend that understood everything that I was going throw. Until she got shot in a drive-by. After that I was forced to think that hell was a place to call home. Then my grandma took me in and put me in this school that I just knew I wasn't going to fit in. Until this girl, Brittany, came up to me and just wanted to be friend. I wasn't going to say no because at that time I needed a friend some I needed someone just to talk to.

Brittany was like friend that I needed to fill in that opened spot in my life. We did ever thing together we became best friend. When we got to the point to were I could tell her any and every thing, I began to tell her about my life and how I got to where I am now. I really didn't think she would understand why my mother didn't believe me. Then I told her that my mother was doing drugs and didn't care about me or what my step-dad did to me.

She understood it after that she told me that she would always be there for me. I knew right at that moment that she wasn't lying.

Now when I think about running away she talks some sense into me and make me realize that running away is just going to make things worse then what it already is. She told me to just take a deep breath and count to 3 and just forget about it.
Sometimes my mother comes and see me but I'm never there to see her. But its okay because I don't want to see her. What did she ever do for me but let that man touch me every night before bed? My mom wants me to come back but I'm like no if that man is there I ain't there. I mean don't get me wrong, I love her just not to the point to where I would go back to that every night.
Now aday Brittany I hang out every day. Her mom is like the mom I have always wanted. Her mom even said that she would even take me in from my grandma, but I said no because I'm all my grandma's got.
Now my mother doesn't even come and see me any more,at the same time I really don't care, but at the same time I do care. I just try to tell her that if she would just leave that man and stop doing drugs I will come back. But I think I am liking this life I don't want to go back. I moved on from that past life. I went to High School and moved on and went to College, and did my dream I know that my past life went out the window and it is all over with. I don't ever want to have to think about that past life.