No One Noticed Me | Teen Ink

No One Noticed Me

May 22, 2009
By Mollygrl BRONZE, Montclair, New Jersey
Mollygrl BRONZE, Montclair, New Jersey
2 articles 1 photo 3 comments

I glide on the ice, picking up speed with every push. The wind grasps my hair behind me; I lift my arms up and let all the thoughts just drift out of my head. Nothing matters when I am here. No one comes to the pond this early, the sun is just coming up and I lye back into the snow. The sun peeks out from behind the snow capped mountains and the iced town shimmers in the light. My footprints are the only things that make the snow differ from a white blanket thrown over the town.

My classmates enter the school and once again I am alone. I watch them and see the bored looks on their faces. If only I could dare to once again enter the building. I think of all the weird looks I would receive. I would not survive. Maybe they would forget about it if I didn’t go to school. I could sit here, day after day, night after night, week after week, month after month, year after year etc. What would become of me? Would I be the lonely girl or the homeless girl or the dumb girl? I must go back to school.

I enter the building just as the bell rings. No one notices me. As people run through the hall I just stand. No one noticed me. Is that good or bad or sad. I must go to fourth block, the odd stares and
note passing awaits me. Will someone notice me?