My Mystery

He barged out the front door slamming it behind him, storming down the old wooden stairs despite the way the creaked. threatening to break under his weight.Hands shoved deep into ratty old jean pockets, he dragged his feet down the road pausing to look up at the town around him. The tall brick building behind him had grass overgrown and weeds sprouting out of the porch floor boards, and a rickety old swing swayed in the deep gusts of wind that howled trough the town.He turned and sat down on the curb, observing the cracks that led through the beat up sidewalk. A large white house with a looming fence and a dark feeling engulfing it was just across the street.Both the street and the house were in desperate need of repair. Thunder clapped and lighting flashed as he stood up and let the rain fall on his face. It stung like a thousand needles and was colder then the water at the bottom of the ocean. Suddenly he began running off far into the horizon. I watched him go from my dusty window, and wondered if I would ever see him again or if he would be gone like so many I had watched before.