The Touch Of Freedom | Teen Ink

The Touch Of Freedom

“You're fat!” “You look disgusting!” “What a nerd!” That's what they all say. They call me names everyday. I feel trapped in a bubble and can’t get out. I feel like I'm worthless in every way possible. There’s no way out. Everyday in school I get teased and called names. Embarrassing photos they take of me and post on online. Making fun of me for those little insecurities I have. They start to build up slowly in my head and I start to feel more and more insecure. Those words feel like I'm getting stabbed a thousand times in the heart, that pain won’t go away. Even if I try to ignore it all those bullies keep building it up and more and more I feel more pain that won't go away. Every week more words people describe me. “You're pathetic.” “ugly fat guy.” . I look at the comments of the pictures and videos those people put on social media. People online are like this aswell… saying “I’d rather kill myself lol!” “ “He doesn’t even fit in a chair.” “Look how ugly he looks LOL” . As I read all these comments I feel more and more pain. This pain is sticking on me like slime. This slime builds up slowly all over me.

This issue is a cause I can't fix. What did I do wrong? These tears i hold in everyday. Those tears I let out right when I got to my room. Those suicidal thoughts I have every night. These tears sting like acid burning through your skin. Can I feel happy for once? Or am I going to have these hateful comments forever? Then there she was. She asked me if I was ok.. She was there for me. She felt the same pain. She understood me. She gently touched my shoulder and I felt a sensation and a touch of freedom. She lets me talk about my problems and not judge me on who i am. She’s a caring and responsible person. She stands up for me when I'm getting into these problems. Do I have a friend now? Someone to talk to, tell my feelings to, have fun like normal friends would. This feeling of relief is a good sensation. Feels like the sun shining brightly on your warm skin and that sensation feels good. A warm sensation. 

Thank you for being there for me. I no longer feel buried in this slime I had. This bubble burst from that touch you had on me. You were there for me at my worst times. You were there for me when i'm feeling down. You were there for me when I was alone. You were a really great friend of mine. I wanted to say this to you for the longest time.. I love you. Thank you for being there for me. -Tears start running down my face- You did a lot you didn't have to do. Thank you. Then I woke up from my dream. “Are you serious?” -i started to cry.- “It was all fake?” “This warm sensation was just a dream?” “I thought I was done feeling this pain..” I want this feeling again. But when? This stabbing pain sensation won't go away. I just want to feel happy again.

This piece is a bullying story i have made up in my head but brings up some real events that happen to thers. This piece i have made is to bring up awarness to those who feel the same way.