Prologe | Teen Ink

Prologe

By blycie bailey BRONZE, Edina, Minnesota
blycie bailey BRONZE, Edina, Minnesota

Prologue
“Pass me the puck!” Alexandra St. Claire shouted to her teammate Tommy Micklinly with infinite bliss. The puck came sliding across the ice, just dodging the Russian defenders and gently tapping into the blade of her stick.
Alexandra was playing in the Olympic finals in London for team U.S.A. They were playing Russia, and it was two-two, with just three seconds left; the perfect amount of time for one last shot. Just as the puck glided to her stick, she did a slap shot towards the upper right hand corner of the net making the goalie dive for the save. All the people in the crowd with American flags cheered because they all knew what she had just done. Alexandra St. Claire, the daughter of Andrew St. Claire, billionaire and owner of St. Claire hotels, has just won the gold medal for team U.S.A! The first and only girl to ever play on an all men Olympic hockey team has become the leading scorer in United States history!
As the crowd roars, all of my teammates rush out onto the ice and Tommy grabs me in his arms. He hugs me for a few seconds, and I feel like my life couldn’t get any better. Everyone forms a circle around me, and a few of the guys jump onto the top of the team, throwing us all down to the ice. We’re all laying there drenched in sweat, thinking about all those months of training; eight to be exact, of getting up at four-thirty in the morning to go on twenty mile runs. Then going from there to school, than straight to practice to do brutal drills for three hours. Somehow we pulled it off. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen but I was too excited I just thought it was because I was underneath all these two hundred pound, six-foot guys so I just tried my best to ignore it.
My father had laid down a bomb shell the day before, and he told me he wanted me to try to be a normal seventeen year old girl. But as you can clearly see, I’m not normal!

the beginning of a story

on Jun. 9 2009 at 2:41 am
Bob w.

The ending isn't on here i wrote an actual story but this is the prologue so this would be on the back or the front cover of the book to try to lure the reader to reading it.

best wishes,

Blycie

:)

reader4evr said...
i really like it, have you written more? if not please do!

DoctorWho BRONZE, Sandy Hook, Connecticut

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

I don't understand about the ending. But good story anyway.