from 5 o'clock to 6 | Teen Ink

from 5 o'clock to 6

By nikki yoerg BRONZE, Edina, Minnesota
nikki yoerg BRONZE, Edina, Minnesota

As I sit up and look at my alarm clock it reads 5:08. I have a whole hour to sleep again. I lay my head back on my pillow and let my eyelids sing down over my eyes. Suddenly I am thrown into a world of chaos and confusion. Everyone around me is screaming and trying to find shelter. Panicked, I freeze. Staring into the street not knowing what’s to come next. a slight push from behind sends me tumbling down a hill. As I approach the bottom everything is suddenly silent. A young girl is heading my way. She is very beautiful. Tan skin, big blue eyes, and long gorgeous brunette hair. She came toward me and helped me off the ground. I was very confused at the time and I had no idea what was going on. After about a minute I started talking to this person. It’s almost unreal looking at her perfect features. She spoke with such clarity and seemed so poised. Her sense of humor made me laugh and I found myself starting to feel very envious of her. As we walked and chatted, I realized she was leading me to a castle-like building. My heart started to pump fast and I know I had to get in there. Soon enough, the girl led me straight into the doors of the palace. It was everything you could ever wish for. I felt as if I wanted to spend the rest of my life there. After admiring for a moment I felt pressure on the tops of my shoulders. So amused by the sight before me I decided to ignore it. But the pressure only became harder and more violent. My eyes struggled to stay closed and to keep this surreal life in my mind. Finally I gave up and my eyes sprung open to find my mom shaking me and telling me it was time to get up and get ready for school. Wishing I was still in my fantasy I started to think about it again. At this moment I realized that this was in fact my dream world. That was what I wanted my life to be like. And I had dreamt it all from 5 O’clock to 6.

iStupid said...
interesting but it didn't make any sense