Chained in Euphoria | Teen Ink

Chained in Euphoria

November 14, 2019
By colleenbutler BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
colleenbutler BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Floating on a thick pool of ecstasy, the child laughed with wondering eyes. The trees swelled with verdant illumination speckled with gold rays that seep through the cracks. No voids needed to be filled just the smell of grass tucking itself into her nose. Basking in the sun, Eleanor stretched her arms feeling the cloth caress and tickle her nerves. She deepened her feet into the soil and weaved the grass between her toes. Soft, gentle flowers sent a radiant glow into the atmosphere, and the wild tulips worshipped the sky. Her velvet skin looked as pale as the sky was blue. Spots danced around her nose, and her eyes twinkled like water. 

Drowning in a sea of ecstasy, the woman longs for a euphoric relief. Her skin cracks with desperation and perspiration. The air is stale and as stagnant as the murky waters of the swamp. Eyes of the red river stare as the haze clouds over with an opaque fog. The plastic dopamine chained her feet to the floor. Longing for an escape, her pain escapes her fingertips. Take it away. Take it away. She is stained with the permanent mark of vacancy. She is swallowed into the void as it wraps around her arms and legs and leaves her cold.