Cheat | Teen Ink

Cheat

November 7, 2019
By doie_zean_bean17 BRONZE, Greenwood, Arkansas
doie_zean_bean17 BRONZE, Greenwood, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Mountains of fluorescent green spiked and fell into valley’s. Each peak sharper and faster than the next. The pulsating pound quickened with each peak. There was no sky, just light. White, artificial, and bleak, the light bared down on his handsome face with a lazy intensity, as if to say, I got all day, until the switch flips. Terror began to fill him, his hands limp at his sides, his mouth dry and scathing. He was unable to move, stuck in some sort of paralysis. He tried to talk, but he couldn’t, his tongue thick and swollen. He suddenly felt a cold presence at his side, and he was flooded with relief. He knew that’d she’d come if anything ever happen to him, but his relief quickly turned to dread. He saw it, shards of cascading, dazzling light flitted in his peripheral. His stomach heaved, and he could fill his chest contract. He let out a sharp gasp, her crimson nails seemed to grip his heart in a death grip. He felt his body begin to shudder, and he wished she was here to witness his final moments, but instead all he had was the woman to whom he’d free when he breathed his last. His final thoughts sluggishly slipped to the woman he loved, and suddenly, she was there. The last thing he smelled, was her perfume, that was always too strong. The last thing he saw was her ruby red lips, which revealed too much. The last thing he heard was, a piercing, yet constant, cry. And his last thought was as follows: Adam had his wife, and yet,he chose the forbidden fruit too.