The Senior Battle | Teen Ink

The Senior Battle

By Lukee_Dubs BRONZE, Burkburnett, Texas
Lukee_Dubs BRONZE, Burkburnett, Texas

It is my final year of high school and I have everything in line to make it successful. I have a starting spot on the varsity baseball team, many friends, and even a  beautiful girlfriend. What could possibly ruin this year for me? Well, something did. It all started with the talks of a new all-star baseball player coming in from Louisiana. I didn’t think much of it because the rumor seemed too good to be true. Sure enough though the first day of school, there he was. I said hi to the boy, and he introduced himself as Darious Williams. I said what’s up back and went about my day. Then there was baseball practice and it hit me like a pound of bricks. He played center field and was a starting pitcher too. We were both even Division 1 prospects. Then I found this year was going to be hard. I told my girlfriend Jaidyn about the situation and she comforted me. She told me that there was no way I wouldn’t be the starter of my positions and gave me a big hug. I talked to my coach the next day and he said I have nothing to worry about as long as I did my best. I thought back to my freshman year when I first met my coach. He always told me “just do the best that you can do and I will get you through”. And that little rhyme stuck with me for the rest of high school. Throughout the season I kept my spot. I had perfect grades and everything went great. Darious ended up being my best friend. He even was an all-star closing and relieving pitcher for me. Later on that year we even went on to win the state championship.

I love baseball.