You're not insane | Teen Ink

You're not insane

By MKing2019 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
MKing2019 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Jessabelle looked in the mirror, warm salty tears streaming down her red cheeks, hair twisted and knotted from the pool. She covered her mouth trying to control her sobbing when she took a sharp inhale and dropped the knife in the steaming water that filled the sink. She then cuffed her hand in the air while her recently empty one, balled into a fist. She finally exhaled and smashed the mirror making her fingers bloody. She then proceeded to cover her lefty eye and cackle out loud. Still cackling she picked the hot knife out of the scorching water and cut her palm with it. Drawing blood, she watched as her crimson blood polluted the water. It gave her the idea. She stepped over her parents' lifeless bodies and walked out the house with a thread spools and needles. *************** 
     It was dark but the school was lit with music, teenagers, and strobe lights. Because she attends the school, she had no problem waltzing in. She made her way to the punch bowl, pouring liquid roofy in the sweet refreshments before making everyone drink by toasting to a new school year.  
     Moments after the students took a drink, they started dropping like flies.  
     Her peers who witnessed her pool catastrophe woke up tied in chairs outlining the school pool. Most of them tried to scream but found it difficult on account of their mouths being sown shut. Some started to cry, but most were persevering. “Tonight, you belong to me” started playing and that made all of them lose their shit. She started dangling people over the pool, as a result they begged for mercy. She looked them in the eyes unremorseful.  
     “Oh, you scared you'll drown? Well so was too I but none of you helped me!” 
     She let the screaming boy go and watched him as his lungs filled with water. The rest of the students knew they wouldn’t get out so for one last f you to Jessabelle half jumped in. Some just sat and cried, the rest fainted.  
     Later that night the cops showed up at the school to find Jessabelle in the pool with her died peers floating on the water. They aimed at her asking what she did. Her response was three words. 
                                                        I'm not insane 

Ive thought of the title and last words this piece from the over use of the words "crazy" and "insane". People have thrown these words around over the littlest of signs of mental illness, I'd just thought I'd give a real example of a "insane" person. and i use the term loosely