The Endless Pit of a Broken Friendship

Having a best friend is like an endless roller coaster ride full of excitement, terror, and heart-wrenching moments. As best friends you’re there for each other in good times and in bad, you fight and make up, you laugh until you cry, and you create memories that last a lifetime. But then the ride comes to a halt, jerking every living muscle and tendon forward and you fall off the tracks into the endless pit of a broken friendship. You feel your heart being ripped and shredded by the only person you trusted as she glares at you in the hallway. You feel your bones weaken as her friends’ trip you as you walk by. You feel your stomach turn every time her name is mentioned. You quiver every time you remember the good times you had together. You pray that this is just a dream and deny anyone who says it’s not. You cry yourself to sleep every night because you just can’t take the fact that she did this to you. But after crying over the pain you have to glue your heart back together, stand up, and move on. You are cautious of everyone and trust no one. You have no desire to trust, have fun, or even talk to anyone. You almost feel as if the person who was inside you is no longer there, as if your spirit has deserted your very soul. This is the endless, eternal pit of a broken friendship, a broken bond, and a broken heart. And you have to find the remains and glue your heart back together piece by piece.

Paige S. said...
May 2, 2009 at 12:03 am
Thank you for commenting. I am glad you can relate and would love if you could reccomend this piece to a friend. Thanks!!

BellaLuna said...
I can so realate to this! I hope u n ur friend made up buz we didnt n wot. we went sepreate ways i defended her and got in troble with my parentss n was always there 4 her n se goes with the girl who hurt her most. i wouldnt regret one minute of it tough because i loved her (as a friend) and i lost her but i got over it and you know life gose on but i would change defending her and getting in troble for her. i would not do that knowing what i know now. she wasnt a TRUE friend