The Endless Pit of a Broken Friendship | Teen Ink

The Endless Pit of a Broken Friendship

April 22, 2009
By theawesomepaige SILVER, Houston, Texas
theawesomepaige SILVER, Houston, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Having a best friend is like an endless roller coaster ride full of excitement, terror, and heart-wrenching moments. As best friends you’re there for each other in good times and in bad, you fight and make up, you laugh until you cry, and you create memories that last a lifetime. But then the ride comes to a halt, jerking every living muscle and tendon forward and you fall off the tracks into the endless pit of a broken friendship. You feel your heart being ripped and shredded by the only person you trusted as she glares at you in the hallway. You feel your bones weaken as her friends’ trip you as you walk by. You feel your stomach turn every time her name is mentioned. You quiver every time you remember the good times you had together. You pray that this is just a dream and deny anyone who says it’s not. You cry yourself to sleep every night because you just can’t take the fact that she did this to you. But after crying over the pain you have to glue your heart back together, stand up, and move on. You are cautious of everyone and trust no one. You have no desire to trust, have fun, or even talk to anyone. You almost feel as if the person who was inside you is no longer there, as if your spirit has deserted your very soul. This is the endless, eternal pit of a broken friendship, a broken bond, and a broken heart. And you have to find the remains and glue your heart back together piece by piece.


The author's comments:
This piece was written during a huge fight with my best friend. I tried to tie the emotions into the writing with color and expression. Enjoy!