Melanie Heart Creek | Teen Ink

Melanie Heart Creek

By writer2b PLATINUM, Montville, New Jersey
writer2b PLATINUM, Montville, New Jersey

We were walking down that pathway just were the creek stood, about five minutes away from the cabin when we heard the horrifying scream. When we heard the scream our hearts bounced out of our chests like a bouncy ball hitting the ceiling. We looked around but nothing was found. We kept on walking on that pathway like nothing had happened, silly us we were wrong. Just that very moment when we heard that screech my best friend’s sister lost her group and was calling for help, that very day the she was struck by a falling tree as she wandered the mysterious forest. As we walked up the steps to our cabin we heard the ambulances filling up in the pathway trying to save her from her nearing death. Sadly death came too fast she died of crushed lungs, heart failure, heat exhaustion, and dehydration.
She was only 15 years old when she died.
We always called her the perfect child; she had all of the good looks, all the good grades, and most of all...all of the boys. She was a caring, warm-hearted person, who did not deserve to die at 15. After a night of tears at the hospital we bid our last good bye to our friend. That same night the creek by the pathway was named Melanie Heart Creek after she died. Many people say as they walk down that path to get to their bunk they hear the screeching sound of Melanie and her heart beat as if it just had happened like it did on that hot summer day.

on May. 20 2009 at 10:22 pm
TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas

"See in what peace a Christian can die." - Joseph Addison
"How come everyone will come to your funeral, but nobody will come see you when you are living?"

That rocked! LOVED it! plz take a look at my stuff. Wish i could write like u! :)