Dear Prince Charming | Teen Ink

Dear Prince Charming

By MollyKate Blodgett BRONZE, Groveton, New Hampshire
MollyKate Blodgett BRONZE, Groveton, New Hampshire

You know. I was just thinking. There are plenty of Prince Charmings in this world, there's only one for me. I don't know who he is. Who his family members are. What he looks like. What his favorite movie is. Whether he likes his eggs scrambled or sunny side up. Or which shoe he puts on first. Or maybe I do know I him. Maybe I see him everyday, I know everything about him. One thing I do know for sure, is that I love him. And so when he finds me, I want him to love me too. I want him to shake my hand, and look me in the eyes, and think to himself, I want to marry this woman. He may not come soon, as a matter of fact, I almost hope he doesn't, I haven't quite become the woman he's expecting yet. I'm a discouraged little girl with tears in my eyes, that's not what he wants, neither what he deserves.

I'm just agirl, here, in my big puffy ball gown, wondering when my prince will come. I know he didn't get lost on purpose. He wants to find me too. But the meantime, he's becoming the man I'm hoping to see, as I'm becoming the woman he's expecting to see also. I know he'll stop his carriage a few times on his way here. & that's okay. He'll take a few Cinderellas to the ball, but as fate would have it, he'll be back in his carriage by midnight, on his way to find me. The same goes for me. I've been to the ball a couple times. Prince Charming took me, just not my Prince Charming.

So I'm back at my castle. It's a lovely castle. In a small town, where I live in freedom, and God lives here with me. I'm a happy girl, still a little discouraged and wiping the tears away, preparing for Prince Charming's arrival. Of course I wouldn't want to miss my turn and have to wait for him to come around a second time.

I don't have the directions to any part of this. I don't know exactly what he's looking for, and I don't know how to become that either. But I know if he was here now, he'd want me to be all that I can be. He'd tell me to stand up for what I believe in. He wouldn't want me to get discouraged. He'd want me to seek God for everything, and with everything. And that's all I know how to do.

And so when he does come, he's going to have to work to get into my heart, to get passed those gates to my castle. He'll be approached and asked lots of questions by those big scary men in uniform who don't smile at the gates. One of which will be my Daddy of course. & when he opens the door to the castle, he'll be greeted my Mother. They'll have a cup of tea of course. She'll ask him lots of questions, and tell him all about me. The maids will also stop him, greet him with a hug, and lead him to the top of the castle, which is exactly where I am. And so when he finally makes it there, he'll find there's a handwritten note on the wooden door with cobblestone all around it, he'll notice it just before he reaches up to knock. He'll see it's addressed Prince Charming, not doubt about it, that's him. As he opens it, it reads....

I'm the girl you've always dreamed about. I'm sure you've heard things about me, both good and bad. But I'll start with the fact that my name is MollyKate. I'm not a snob by any means. I'm sorry I don't have a smile on my face 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Please don't judge me by the lyrics or quotes that seem to capture my heart. Only half of my heart is fully entact, the better half belongs to you. I like to read, and I'm always writing in my journal. I want lots of babies. Please don't tell me I can't do it. I know I can be just as good of a Mother as you can a Father. I can't please everybody. Your family or friends may disapprove of me, but it's not up the them, it's up to you and me. Sometimes I stay in my jammies all day long, sometimes, I don't even get out of bed. I wont always have my hair and make up done up, but I'd ask that you'd love me anyway. Although I love dressing up, just like when I was a little girl, I don't ever want to let myself go, just because I've found you, the love of my life. I want to you to encourage me to take care of myself. But most of all, I'd ask that you believe in me and love me. I believe in you, and I can love you like nobody else.
I'm just a girl. I wish for the world. All I want to do is love, & be loved back.

He will love me. I have no doubt in my mind. But that doesn't mean I think everything's going to be prefect. I know that sometimes we'll fight. He won't love every characteristic that I have, neither will I love every one of his. But he's always going to love me. & I'm always going to love him. He'll always be there to take me to the ball.

on May. 4 2009 at 1:01 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

There is someone out there for everyone, no matter who you are, and i love you for expressing this. most girls think they have to be perfect, or they will never ever find the one true person who love them in the morning when your cranky and have curlers in your hair.. anyway, wise words

Jaquie BRONZE said...
on May. 2 2009 at 2:52 pm
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Loved it. I wanted to cry but I couldn't because I was to busy 'Aw-ing'. I loved it. I also know that I'm being repetitive and common with my words but that's because this piece left me speechless. Keep writing.

God Bless,

...,

on May. 2 2009 at 2:32 am
Julietbyheart BRONZE, Coalton, Ohio
That's really awesome, and that's how I absolutely feel.