The Eighteenth of October | Teen Ink

The Eighteenth of October

By MrUnicornPants BRONZE, Los Altos, California
MrUnicornPants BRONZE, Los Altos, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Why is it always a cafe? These love stories, they always start in a cafe. It’s always the same. Two teenagers meet in a cafe one day, and the next day, they’re married, ready to spend the rest of their lives together.

I thought he was my Romeo. I thought we were something special. I thought, I thought, I thought. I thought a lot of things when I was young. But you know, the movies and the books- they’re cliche. They don’t tell the real story. They don’t show the other side. You see, there’s more to a story that what meets the eye. He said he would come. No, he promised he would come. The eighteenth of October passed, the nineteenth of October passed, the entire month of October passed. He didn’t show up. I stood there in the cold, hands in my pockets, ring in my hand, waiting for a sign of him. I’ve been waiting for him until the dimples on my cheeks turned into the wrinkles on my face. And every day, every doggone day, I regret it. And you someday, you might too. I was just about your age, Lilia, when I met him.

And guess what? It started in a cafe too.

Hello! My name is Jiya , and I am 13 years old. I love writing so much, and in the piece I wrote above, I was trying to focus on adding a lot of drama and a bit of irony to it. I was really trying to make the piece short and simple, and make the readers be on their feet to think about what's next.