Tomboy | Teen Ink

Tomboy

By Krysta BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
Krysta BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona

Anyone could take one look at me and think tomboy. I had waist long brown hair that I would always have in a ponytail. My eyes are tricky. My left eye was brown while my right eye was green. (Something about genetics.) While my facial fetchers and my clothes are very similar they are both very simple.
I walked into my house very angry. I was just about to walk up the stairs to my room when my mom stopped me half way. I only live with my mom because my dad died when I was just a baby. I am not sure how but my mom says I act and look just like him.
I looked up to look my mom in the eye. As soon as our eyes met I could no longer contain my tears. “Molly, honey, what is the matter?” My mom said with concern written all over her face. After my mom brought me some tea and I finished balling my eyes out I told her what happened at school that day.
“Well to start with there was soccer tryouts yesterday and keep in mind nothing said it was only boys so I went and mom you should have seen me. I was spectacular. I took what Uncle Ted said and I put my own spin to it. And they posted the names today and it didn’t have my name so I went to the coach and ask what I did wrong so I could fix it. Guess what he said he said I was perfect but he just couldn’t take a girl on his team.”
My mom just sat there for a couple of minuets. Then she asks “what are you going to do now?”
I couldn’t find the answer so I said “nothing”.
Then she got up walked up to me and lifted my face so I could look at her in the eye. “Molly listen to me and listen good. If your uncle was still alive he would not let you just give up you should know this.”
She was right my uncle ted taught me everything I know about soccer. He even bought me my first soccer ball when I was two. Sadly he died just two months ago.
I sighed. “Then what do I do mom I can’t do this alone.” I said pleading with my eyes.
“Molly, yes you can you can do anything if you put your mind to it” she said in her reassuring voice. And that’s when it hit me. The most brilliant idea ever and it would take place tomorrow after school. The coach will never know what hit him.
After school the next day I marched right into the coach’s office.
“Molly, what a nice surprise, what can I do for you?” he asked
“Well coach I have a proposition for you.” I said
“A proposition?” he asked
“Yes, I want to be on your team. And since you won’t let me by my talent I will challenge your best player tomorrow. If I win I get to be on your team and if I lose….” I said
“And if you lose?” he asked sarcastically
“If I lose I will never play soccer again.” I said dead serious
“Fine after school at the soccer field. Don’t be late.” He snapped
“Wouldn’t dream of it.” I said
After school the next day I ran to the soccer field more ready than I have been my whole life.
“Good Molly is here. Molly I want you to meet Josh Anders and he will be playing you today.” He said confidently
I shook the boy’s hand
“Can we get going already.” I said impatiently
I took my place on the field and when the whistle blow and took off.
The game finally ended. It was pretty close.10 to 14. I won.
The years passed and I am still in love with soccer. I got a scholarship to a good school and plan to make the most out of it. I never forgot the lesson I learned that day,you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

i got this short story after my sister won champians in soccer. i dedicate this to you Kyra!

on Dec. 16 2009 at 11:36 pm
AbysmallyAbstracted PLATINUM, Mountains, Colorado

2000 B.C. - "Here, eat this root."
1000 B.C. - "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
1850 A.D. - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."
1940 A.D. - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."
1985 A.D. - "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic."
2000 A.D. - "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root."
~Author Unknown

This a nice story, it reminds me of when I was a kid. Almost verbatim haha. You have a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes that could use some editing and it ends a little too fast, but it's a lovely story. Great job!

on May. 27 2009 at 5:58 pm
i_fall_up_the_stairs, Yuma, Arizona
Amen Josh. Krysta, you are one of my favorite writter ever!!! ( sorry, but katherine has to be included) love you krys!!! fabulouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on May. 15 2009 at 3:40 am
josh gonzalez BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
good story oh and tell sammie not to cuss ITS A TENN WEBSITE NOT A CUSS LOUNGE

on May. 7 2009 at 4:39 am
Cool story! Very good, you should write more and put them on here.

on May. 6 2009 at 9:18 pm
pandiNeverShoutNever, Yuma, Arizona

"Love The Love You Have."

- The Summer Set:)

hell yeah kryskross!!!!!!!!!

nice!!!

i looooooooove it!!!!!!!!!

on May. 6 2009 at 12:28 am
Fix_A_Heart BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever."
"You can Bandage the damage, but you never really can fix a heart!"

This was a great story!!!!!

on May. 1 2009 at 6:47 pm
This was really good Krys

on May. 1 2009 at 6:42 pm
lalalala<3<3<3 SILVER, Somewhere, Other

Pessimist : A person who says that O is the last letter of ZERO, instead of the first letter in word OPPORTUNITY.”
- Anonymous

this is great, krysta! you are a good writer

Krysta BRONZE said...
on Apr. 30 2009 at 6:37 pm
Krysta BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
I love it it was fun to write

on Apr. 25 2009 at 5:14 am
IT WAS A STORY.IT GOT MY ATTENTION AND HELD IT.IT WAS WELL WRITTEN.GREAT JOB