Your Escaping Demon | Teen Ink

Your Escaping Demon

By davidbrown SILVER, Magnolia, Mississippi
davidbrown SILVER, Magnolia, Mississippi

When your underlying emotions take refuge in your personality, you are trapped, stuck in a world of wonder, a hellish wonder. So just what exactly happens to you when your demons escape?

When you get ‘uninspired’ your world fades. Your eye’s color changes to dark as the color drains to emptiness. Your soul rests, bloodstained and hollow. Deep darkness jets through you and flows through your surroundings, covering your world. A brainwash induced melancholy. A pulsing urge to drain your body of its toxins. A leap of faith, faith that you will land in rock bottom. No way to climb out of a pit with no wall, a pit of sheer dark. No up, no down, left nor right. The pull of gravity strongly forces you below. Your heart sputters and spits choking on the acid of your poisoning despair. The unbarring weight of self-shaming. Crushed under the towering pressure of everyday stress, building a skyscraper with no stairs nor elevators to travel upward. Up towards the light. The burning, furious light that scorches your soul, blackening its internals, corroding it to coal. Only its externals remain alive. Such as the smile plastered on your face, expressing the false outsides of your deeply injured heart. Acid, burning, digging away at you. An acidic soul leaking out the venomous words you mutter, words you think, words you believe. You feel you have won with a single cleansing, purging the toxins. But you know you have lost the fights that are now emerging. Wars sprouting and farming, planting its seeds deep into the core of your brain. Watering your newly planted garden with the horrid thoughts that emerge. Rooting through your brain. Permanently, replacing your former self. And your whole world fades.

This work is from the darkest depths of everyones hearts. It portrays ones life in their state of mind, and how their demons escape. A sturggle of mind and matter.