Rush

The darkness surrounded me like a cloak, while the wind rushed around me. As I steadily peddled against traffic I was caught up into a sort of whirlwind of dust, grit, and the rush of the wind against me. The millions of lights blinded my eyes as each car sped past me, until I could only see my friend’s silhouette in front of me. Riding my bike along the main road that night gave me a strange sense of peace and acceptance, in the midst of the whirlwind and lights, in the eye of the hurricane. When I closed my eyes in bed later on, I could still see the yellows, whites, oranges and reds of the car lights meshing together and then rushing towards me, and I could still feel the blood pumping through my legs to continue on the almost never ending stretch of night.

mask456 said...
WOW i have reads your work and u r truly a great poet i love your work so meanigful and wonderul i wulndt b suprised if u got picked for thre magizine!

Katara This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 12:18 am
Thanks! That's the dream!