Precipitation | Teen Ink

Precipitation

By rosie BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
rosie BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

“Warm air rises, cools, condenses, form clouds, saturate, then fall as preciptiation” the geography teacher calmly explains this, as his students feverishly copy the note on the board....all but one. This one is loking at the girl beside him, whispering words that the teacher can not hear. The teacher does not care, in fact he finds it rather amusing. The two are always together, argueing, fighting, laughing, playing. Always touching. Warm air rises, cools, condenses, form clouds, saturate, then fall as preciptiation. The teacher remembers a time when the two were arguing quietly. Face to face, eye to eye. The boy said something, and the girl....the girl was angry. Warm air rises, The anger did not transpire into words, nor was it reflected in her actions. It was reflected in her eyes as a flash, then she regained composure. Cools.Then, he said something else. The girl was now on the defensive. Condenses. The next day, the two seemed farther aprt, barely talking, hardly touching. Forms clouds. This lasted for a week. Saturate. At last, one faithful lunch they talked and she cried. Then fall as precipitation. After the storm and the clouds. The sky was clear, flowers bloomed and birds sang. The two were touching, always talking. Warm air rises, cools, condenses, form clouds, saturate, then fall as preciptation...

A peice I wrote for The Claremont Review, Annual writing contest. The piece had to be less than 500 words and reveal something about the human condition.