A New Beginning | Teen Ink

A New Beginning

February 15, 2009
By Ms. Ashley Nabors BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
Ms. Ashley Nabors BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

One of the most devastating and exciting days of my life happened when President Sidey Ford died. He was involved in a terrible automobile accident. Unfortunately, he did not make it. The moment I heard the news, I broke down and cried uncontrollably. He had been a friend and a confidant as well as a fellow politician. Realizing what was to come next, I realized that I would not be able to keep my old position at the White House. Starting on Monday, I would have to start a new job. But it was still hard to focus on what lay ahead because I had lost one of my best friends. My first day preparing for the job, I had to plan a party for international guests. First, I made my guest list, inviting many famous movie stars, a few singers and everyone in the cabinet, not to mention former presidents. Next, came the heads of state from various freindly nations. A kind lady asked me to write down my favorite foods and drinks. After I finished, I gave my list to the party planner and she began to immediately work on the final touches for the celebration. The next few days the planner and her staff decorated the the ballroom all day long and even into the night. Finally, they were finished they were finished the day before the party. I hadn't seen the ballroom yet and I just couldn's wait for the next night's adventure. The day of the party arrived and I was spent all day getting ready for the festivities. I had my nails done, my hair and my make-up completed my look and I even had time to choose a dress. When I was complete and ready, I walked downstairs and made my grand entrance. We danced, people congratulated me and then told me in the same breath how sorry they were that I had lost a great friend. It was a very odd but grand party where I met many interesting people. When it ended, I realized that I had to officially start my new job in the morning. Tomorrow would bring new adventures and much excitement as the first Lady President of these United States of American.