Review on Milkweed | Teen Ink

Review on Milkweed

May 22, 2018
By bonylang BRONZE, Houston, Texas
bonylang BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book and the ending was very unexpected. The ending was pretty much him as a old man and he is seeing his grand kid just playing. But the ending paragraph was the most important quote of the story. The  quote was "I think of all the voices that have told me who I have been, the names I've had. Call me thief. Call me stupid. Call me Gypsy. Call me Jew. Call me one-eared Jack. I don't care. Empty-handed victims once told me who I was. Then Uri told me. Then an armband. Then an immigration officer. And now this little girl in my lap, this little be the last. I was. Now I am. I am . . . Poppynoodle."
                 This genre was historical fiction and I loved the book the book had so many twist and turns. Especially since the protagonist is a little boy and it tells his life during one of the worst times in history. And he was in Warsaw most of the time. This book is kind of related to me because I’m a minority in USA. Due to the brutality done to minorities and the name calling, you are labeled as something like how Misha was when he was kid, a minority kid. So, in regards of this book having someone I can make a connection to.