the ninth harbor | Teen Ink

the ninth harbor

She walked onto the dock groning at us in disappointment her poster was pour and she was pointing her pistol at us without regard. I knew we weren't going to get along she out write insulted moose evan though she was a spec compared to him. A blind man could clearly see she was hammered the only reason she made it to the roel nave is that her dad was a general she walked up to my on her therdround “war is your name and badge number”  when me words hit hear ears she looked discustid at the question but she danced “wow a real barker here and it is lena” my hatred flusters “well Lena get off your hihors  .but we could tell she did not like Gertrude Nensly she trembled as officer Lena barked at her. The tears running down her face like race hounds. My hand balled into a fist, the urge to yell or act to save this girl was multiplied when I heard the general mutter to the guard, “Get the guillotine.” My hand reaches the clamp on my holster, it clicks as it is seperated. The luster from the finish makes a glow in my eye. A crack sounds over the crowds. They run in horor, the black mist fills the air a silhouette falls and I grab the captain and cast her off the deck. The soldiers cry out with joy as we over take the naval vessel and sail.

Once on the ocean a soldier came to me and he asked, “Davy haven't we just become the thing we pledged to fight?” I scour at him and laugh “why i guess we have. Living is a balance of write and wrong. Of fame and infamy and to have freedom does not make us unhuman. We willtravel to america where we will no longer be foxes for a sik hunt. It is disgusting for me to see a felo brit smile as he stands over a corpse that they do not extend to ingest! If you feel unwelcome than walk the plank.”

He grabs his saber but before he gets it out of his scabbard he tumbles into the sea as I reload my pepperbox  “anyone else wish to protest.” I exclaimed.  “Clean the deck we don't need to look like savages.” The men ran like cockroaches in the light grabbing mops and buckets. This ship...well it was old yet it was huge. The men were tiny in comparison yet they were not scrawny men. Moose, are largest recroot was one tenth the height of the sail so the number of men was optimistic at best.

We have docked in Jamaica. The food rations have gone but that is not the only reason, we got news that there is a barricade of British ships around the ports of the new land. We are dreadfully under stocked for a battle of that size and hear we can get work cheap. Moose and our blacksmith, Kelten are going to the market with a low budget. However, that isn't important considering we don't intend to pay for our feasts. I go to the people on the streets begging for a meal or a place to sleep they are desperate thirsty. They will seal an arm and a leg for a teaspoon of slob from a pig sty. I gave them my offer to work for me when they heard that there would be three meals a day and a bed to sleep on. The offer made them drool with eyes wide as the sea itself. I show them the Red Wing as we pass the sleeping quarters. I can hear one of them say “he wasn't lying” I then say back “your right I wasn't.”

After the tour we went to a saloon but one man stuck out to me he fit one of the bounty descriptions with dreads that went down to his shoulders black hair with a long beard the color ofmidnight his walking stick by him. My eyes widen as I mutter to myself,  “ Edward, Edward Thatch.”

He was a wanted man all the knowledge I had was flooding forward. I got up and sat next to him “you don't know me but I know you. Trust me you don't want to stay here too long the British are coming for us both and if I were you i would go back to Bristol.” “Also blackbeard, next time you see mister Enfield make sure you hit him twice as hard for me.”

He stopped my rambling by asking “and who might you be.” “Oh I guess i haven't introduced myself family yet i am Davy Jones “   he laughs  “ ya i know with that name it was my destiny to talk with you.”

Back on sea we had a few close calls but what we just got into was a thousand fold what we did before. “Fire the storbord cannons” the british wear to are left and a enemy pirate ship to the right  black field the sails with powder muskets,flintlocks,the blunderbuss all of them going off in harsh harmony. The wood stained with blood treated with will, we wold not back down to give up now would be mass suicide.the men wear chanting “May hell be upon them, let the cannonballs fly.” This battle lasted much longer than it should have the british weaponry could have made quick work of the Red Wing but they wear intimidated by our savagery. If not for our persistence the Red Wing wolde be on the bottom of the sea.

We wear low on black powder the Red Wing could only last one or two hours and those are optimistic estimates. Although little damage was done to the ship we could not sastane suppressive fire. we wear pinned the british knew that we wear low on supplies. They realized that we could not keep fighting much longer they prevented themselves from doing this. They held short They wear rushing us we had minutes left when we see blackbeard's ship Queen Anne'sRevenge sailing next to the british ship and unloading all thirteen broadside cannons. The british ship crumbled as if it was stale bread sinking slowly, men screaming like children.

After a long sail we came to a cold barren land with primitive life similar to the indians that columbus wrote about in his tails of the new land. These people taught us to fish but we thought this was Canada but the natives did not speak french moose took no interest in there hunting traditions the bow did not entertain him. We seat sail again after Kelten complained that it was cooling his metal to fast. The sail was treacherous it seemed  the sea was angered with our deparcher but although the trouble was persistent we made it to america within that week.

It is two years after my arrival and life is changed I now have a wife and a daughter and my daughter is disappointed that she can’t enroll or vote but she doesn't realise that enrolling isn't all it is said to be on the paper. 

Epilogue

With his wife Gertrude jones and daughter Prudence jones he is at home little does he know he will be in history books every wear

“Mrs.Jones are you related to the man in the history book” Jonathan asked 

“Well Jonathan next time raise your hand but yes i am related to mr.davy from the book” The class looked at her in awe as she read them her grate grate grandad's stories