The untold story of Walter Bruningham | Teen Ink

The untold story of Walter Bruningham

By ChristinaW101 BRONZE, Bristol , Pennsylvania
ChristinaW101 BRONZE, Bristol , Pennsylvania

I have been a slave for the majority of my life.I have learned from over the year that writing can keep the brain occupied.My name is Walter Burnham.Born November,8,1746. I was a happy child for most of my life until I was taken away in my early 20s.As a slave you don’t get many privileges.You get terrible food and work all day without no breaks. Days,months, years would pass by and the only thing that would keep me going was the hope that one day I would see my family again. That wish never came true.

Chapter 1: The untold story of Walter Burningham

April,2 ,1775

April,9,1775
  It was a normal day same old same old. The master came out, his name was John,John Dutchman he was a really old guy.walked with a cane had gray hair.He live in the big white house on the top of the hill with his wife, 3 sons, and his lovely daughter. His daughter name was Rose. Rose was so beautiful and delicate. She was the only one in the family that showed me true kindness.

April,12,1775
Me and the other slaves have decided to make a plan to escape.One of the slave told us that John our master is very ill and might die.That means that the plantation would go to his oldest son maned Sam.Sam loves to Torture people. He will go out of his way to see someone get hit. We plan to make our escape
May,1,1775.

April,25,1775
Rose came to me today crying, she said her father has passed away. I felt a bit uncomfortable because I wanted that to happen so the only thing that I really could do is just be there for her.
Me and Rose have been spending a lot of time together. I think I'm developing feelings for her.But she will never love me,  I'm just a slave.Rose came to me today and ask ” Would you like to run away with me” I said “WHAT”. “Would should you like to run away with me and get out of this horrible place”. Then the next thing that came out of mouth I will regret forever I said “ On May,1,1775 me and the other slaves plan to escape you can join us”. She gave me a hug and was on her way home.

May,1,1775
Today was the day of our plan.All of the slaves were to meet in the woods by the apple tree by 11:00pm.11:00pm rolled around I stayed a few minutes behind to wait for Rose. When rose finally came it was 12:00 so we rushed to the apple tree. When I got there know one was there it was just me and Rose. Then all of a sudden a sharp pain went in my heart Rose had stab me right in the heart.Its funny how some one who you care for so much could do something so crue. While I bleeding out on the ground waiting to die Sam came and said “ Rose told me about your little plan to escape. How dare you and the other slave try to esape, so I killed all of them” And with that I died. Never to be seen again.