Mythics | Teen Ink

Mythics

By SamFamiano BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
SamFamiano BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

In the very olden time there lived a semi-barbaric king, whose ideas, though somewhat polished and sharpened by the progressiveness of distant Latin neighbors, were still large, florid, and untrammeled, as became the half of him which was barbaric. There also lived a peasant that goes by the name of jerry he worked very hard to support his family but was just getting by. He had recently been divorced by his wife Averi.

This scenario was taking a large toll on Jerry but he has also found other people that he can connect with.He met this woman who was amazing and everything he had ever wanted. Little did he know this was the daughter to the barbaric king who was known for being harshly cruel and unjust. One day the poor peasant took the princess on a date but they had to first stop back at the princess's home to get approval from her father. When the chariot arrived at her house he was shocked by the size of this place and this had already thrown him off and made him scared that she would find out he is just a poor local man. He confessed his concerns to her but she did not mind one bit.

But when he got into the house things went even more down hill. He wondered to himself why there were so many guards in armour all around her home. He decided to ask why and she replied with a laugh and giggle “im the princess silly” This did not help him at all either. They both then hear a loud shout coming from another room telling the princess to come here. She followed her orders and also introduced the peasant to her barbaric father who immediately disagreed about their relationship. He sent the guards to capture Jerry and put him in the pit where his fate would be decided by his ex wife between two doors which behind one lays a ferocious dragon and behind the other a clown. The princess had no clue as to which beast was behind which door. She had up to an hour to decide the fate of the poor peasant jerry. But what was going through jerry's head at this  moment? Some would say just by the look of him you could see the anxiety and fear and you could almost smell the fear being emitted by him. Jerry at a desperate attempt to spare his life yelled out for the king and got on his hands and knees and begged the king for  some form of mercy but this was not good enough for the king>The king paid no more attention to the peasants pleads and went back to his viewing area where he would watch the peasants unsettling death which seemed to almost fuel the semi barbaric king. During these olden times wizardry was very big and jerry was no ametuur when it came to alchemy and casting a couple spells.

He noticed he still had some leftover giant juice which would turn this tiny weekman into a 2000 pound 20 foot man who was merely indestructible. He had to wait for just the right moment to consume this life saving potion and had to arouse the least suspicion. Right when the guards through him in the arena he chugged that potion until there was no longer a drop left. Everyone was in shock while they were watching this metamorphosis transforms this tiny peasant many without a hope in the world to someone who was as tall as the arena itself. Seeing this the king pushed the princess out of the way and opened both doors to attack jerry. The dragon and the clown charged but jerry picked hem up without a care in the world and placed the right next to the king. The king had been eation so fast people barely had time to blink and realize what had just happened.  Jerry Knew he had to leave town and that's just what he did.

Inspired by "The Lady and The Tiger"