Why didn't we ask you to? | Teen Ink

Why didn't we ask you to?

By Lonebird26 BRONZE, Edgar , Wisconsin
Lonebird26 BRONZE, Edgar , Wisconsin

It's not failure until.... You decide not to get up and try again.

Dear U.S General,

I have heard many stories of what you have done to me and my people. They say that if we are to be captured by you, you will send us into slavery, never to see those whom we love again. I must know why you do this? Or are the people that I thought I trusted the most lying to me? Are all of the stories I have been told false? War is harder for you than it is for us as citizens, I know that, but just recently my 2 sons ,at the ages of 18 and 20, have decided to become suicide Japanese plane driver at the names of Kamikazes. I will be losing both of my sons for this country that I have loved and lived in for my whole life, but I love them more, and know I am loosing them for something that I wish was never truly a problem for us. If we didn’t then I wouldn’t be losing them. You must see why this hurts me so much, but it is war, and that's what war does right? It takes and takes and takes until their is nothing but one side that seems to have more people who didn’t get sucked into the dark hole of war. You Americans seem to know how to get around it, how to not get sucked in, but we, on the other hand, do not. We are being taken like flies flying into a fly trap. Always getting stuck and forgotten.
That’s all I needed and wanted to tell you. Save yourself from the black hole of War, before it takes you too…

Japanese Citizen

I wrote this in school and I have been in love with how it was written for a year now. I am glad I get the chance to share it. :)