Holocaust Escape | Teen Ink

Holocaust Escape

By Palo4 BRONZE, Riverside, California
Palo4 BRONZE, Riverside, California

It was cloudy, smoky, depressing, and shots fired in Germany. Plus there was a war going on also, which was known as World War II (WWII). People were dieing, buildings tearing apart getting destroyed, gunshots happening in the streets and field, and Nazi soldiers killing and taking Jews. Nazi soldiers were even taking young children. They would take Jews from the streets, go into there homes and take them, take them out of work and even if they were in bathroom or in the shower probably take them. Every Jew thought to themselves.

“What is going on?”
Why are they taking us?”
What have we done wrong?”
They were scared, they didn’t know where they were going, but some of them did know where they were going. Only 1 person knew and it was a young Jewish kid. That young Jewish kid’s name was Winston. Somehow Winston knew what was going on and why the Nazi soldiers were taking them. Nobody bother to ask or talk him because he was quiet person and didn’t really talk at all. Plus nobody would think he would know cause he was just a little kid, but also nobody knows that he’s really smart .
Being on the road for a long long time, they finally arrived to some random camp in the woods. The camp was for Jews only, it wasn’t no ordinary camp, it was a torture/death camp. The Nazi soldiers were throwing them off the bus like sacks of bags. When all the jews were off the bus they forced them to take off all of their cloths and put on these black and white pajamas, each and one of them looked like zebras. In the camp it smelled like absolute death. Everybody had something to do, but instead Winston was examining the camp.
Winston was figuring out how to escape the camp but it was going to be difficult. He saw Gas Chambers, Fire Pits, Dead Bodies, and lots of materials to torture. Basically he was pretty much planning things out on how to escape. Some other prisoner named George and Winston were talking about what we they need to do. George wasn’t just some random Jew, he was the one and only friend of Winston.
“How do we get out of here!” said George.
“Don’t worry I have a plan but it’s not going to be easy,” replied Winston.
“At this point i don’t really care I need to get out of here!” said George.
“Do you not care about these other Jews that want to escape trust me you are not the only one” replied Winston
“Look i’m sorry that I got all greedy with you, so what is the plain to escape what do we have to do?” said George.
Winston gave him a blueprint (a piece of paper) that had the plains on everything on the camp and how to escape. The blueprint had a lot of plains and ideas
“Wait what!” said George all whispery.
“We have to murder guards?”
“We have to do what we have to do to get out of here, I know it sounds really bad but we have no choice.” said Winston.
A couple days and nights went by of torture, getting abused, and working their tails off. Their Their wasn’t many jews left in the camp because lots of them were getting killed by the Nazi soldiers, they would take them to the gas chambers and kill them in there and stack the bodies in the field and and dig hole and throw them inside like throwing trash out of the garbage. Then one night, Winston and George were up till midnight. They both looked at each other and nodded their heads
“It’s time,” said Winston.
“It’s time to get out of this hell camp,” said George all pumped up.
So first things first, they step outside of their bunkers to look out the area but before they do that, they say a prayer. Once that do that, Winston and George left their bunker to the back gate. When they got their they notice a Nazi soldier and one of their dogs. So both of them had to leave that area quickly as possible. Once they left the area, they climb on top of this building which led to an outside door and back of the camp where nobody goes whats so ever. Both Winston and George climb up to the roof and when they got up there they both notice another Nazi soldier. This time, that soldier had a sniper so, they had to assassinate the soldier but choking him and stabbing him from the back silently.
They finally enter inside the building. Only one problem the door was lock and there was one window wide open. Nazi soldiers were everywhere in the building and Winston and George had to move very quietly. One Nazi went up to the roof and notice the dead body and alerted the other soldiers. Every one of the soldiers was alerted and all went outside the building except one. That soldier notice Winston and George leaving threw the window.
“AHHHHH!” yelled the Nazi soldier spraying his MP11 at the two Jews.
Winston and George dipped out threw the window and into the woods and left the camp. They were both running their tails off with gun shots spraying from Nazi soldiers and getting chased by some of them and even guard dogs barking loudly and waiting to bite them. Luckily Winston and George were fast enough to outrun them. Finally they both got away from the Nazi and far far away from the camp as well. At the ends of the woods, there was a road and lots of soldier were going past, Once there wasn’t no more soldiers and left the camp, Winston and George both walked until they found their family.