The Suprising Adventure | Teen Ink

The Suprising Adventure

October 26, 2015
By BibleGirl BRONZE, Battle Ground, Washington
BibleGirl BRONZE, Battle Ground, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Bam! Ivy duct swiftly as a bullet whizzed past her head and flew through the air faster than anything she’s seen before. Bewildered Ivy got up and looked around astounded to see men dressed in trousers and puffy white shirts with guns firing at each other.” Fire,” I heard one of them yell as yet another bullet whizzed through the air right past me. Ivy was in shock wondering how she got there because not 2 minutes ago she was playing outside. 5hr. earlier at school in history class Ivy was assigned to write a report on an important time in american history. So she picked to do the Revolutionary war which she knew almost nothing about. Once school ended Ivy decided to go to the library and check out some books about the Revolutionary War. At the library she found about 5 books and decided to sit herself down and read as much as she could. Ivy had read for what seemed hours but what was realistically 30 minutes. As Ivy was dozing in and out of sleep her cellphone rang, she hurriedly answered as everyone else in the library was shushing her.” Hi Ivy I want you to come now for dinner.” her mom said on the phone. Once Ivy had gone home and ate dinner she decided to keep reading. Once it was about 11 Ivy decided to go to bed but all of a sudden she felt a rumble and saw a bright light. Ivy opened her eyes just as a bullet whizzed past her head. “Wow,” Ivy said in shock as she stood in what seemed to be a battlefield filled with men both dead and alive. All of them were holding guns but not many of them were shooting them until”Fire,” yelled a man from the front line of one of the armies. Ivy was sure that it was George Washington himself she was tempted to go his way and ask where she was or when she was. All of a sudden all of them started shooting Ivy ran as fast as she could playing soccer sure paid off. Ivy started to run towards the men that she thought were the good guys. Once the bullets started coming more and more her way Ivy decided to turn around and run towards an opening into the woods hoping a way home.. Just before Ivy got into the forest a man with a giant rifle stood there as tall as a tree and walked toward her slowly positioning his gun to point towards her. A horrendous fear swept across Ivy one that  she had never felt before like she was being approached by a grizzly bear. She stumbled backwards until she fell into a bush and kept crawling as fast as she could from this man. In her head she was saying a little prayer as she was saying aloud”Please don’t kill me I don’t know where or when I am.” Ivy looked him in the eyes expecting the worst to happen. Right before he  got to her a big white horse with a man on it trotted towards her. Stand down, the man said He got off and asked who she was”My name is Ivy Nelson and I think I’m lost. Come with me he said my name is George Washington nice to meet you. They got on the horse and rode towards the group of men wearing blue once they got there they dismounted and walked towards a big tent. The tent was full of guns maps and a bed “This is where I sleep” he said to Ivy. So where do you come from? he asked I live in Seattle Washington, “Where?” he asked in confusion. “It’s in Washington one of the United States”, “Nevermind I don’t understand what your saying anyways.” I have to go out and fight it is a war you know “Um yeh I was just reading about it”, Oh! in the newspaper “no in my history book” your what “Um nevermind.” But, do you know how I can get home because I don’t know how I got here. No he said apologetically. Ivy felt torn as though she wanted to stay here even though she had only been there for half an hour she wanted to see what it was like in the Revolutionary war. even though it was cool she did not know if she would ever see her home or family again. “Whats happening?” Ivy said, In pure horror as all the men seemed to start to melt away. All of a sudden”Wake up Ivy you fell asleep while reading about the Revolutionary War,” Her mom said. At once everything was gone Ivy lifted her head slowly opening one eye then the other, after she noticed that she was home in her room. A content yet kind of sad  smile came across her face as she realized that it was just a dream.


The author's comments:

I was inspired by our nations history to write this narrative.