Why they call it the Black Sea | Teen Ink

Why they call it the Black Sea

By Derata PLATINUM, Corona, California
Derata PLATINUM, Corona, California

They were a day out of Constantinople when the ship flipped over. Seeing as this was not a naturally tenable position for a ship to be in, a large majority of the crew died simply of shock. When the ship flipped again another third fell off the boat. Marco Polo was in  the loo when this all happen, he quickly finished up and ran out onto the main deck. The massive scales of a sea serpent speed past as the creature passed over the ship. As it did the massive fin at the end of its body came and smacked Marco off deck and he flew off the ship. Marco drifted down and finally came to his senses and began to swim up. Suddenly he felt a great pull and he looked down just in time to see the massive jaws of the sea serpent open and close around him.
He tumbled down the beasts throat and fell into a pool of boiling water. He screamed and clambered up onto a plank of wood and sat on it steaming. There was a strong current and he drifted down and back quickly coming to a huge pile of junk at the very end of the monsters stomach. He jumped onto it and looked around, there was a man sitting on a two legged stool and chewing on the wrong and of a lit pipe. He looked up, his jaw dropped open and the lit end of the pipe fell out if his mouth and landed in a pool of yellow glop.
"You!" Said the man, he leapt forward and tackled Marco. I will pause my narrative now to let the reader know that the yellow slimy, glupy, stuff the pipe fell into promptly burst into flames at this point, this is done to prevent confusion later on.
"aaaargggirrriffff" said Marco as the mans hands clamped around his throat.
" You drove me to this.... WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST ME!" This was all shouted me the as yet unnamed man throttling Marco. Marco pulled a dagger from his belt and put it to the mans throat. The man let go and they both gingerly came to their feet.
"Ok, calm down now what exactly is the problem, what have I 'done' to you" Marco said all this in Italian of course, and the small Asian man before him seemed to only get more infuriated. I am afraid I have to once again cut away to a far away place where another equally important event was going on.
God looked down at Marco and Cáir with a frown. He hadn't yet worked out how they would speak to each other.... Ey no matter he waved his Goddly hand and it was done.
Back in the serpents digestive track Marco repeated his last statement slowly.  Suddenly comprehension appeared on the mans face. He spoke,
"I am Cáir Pièt Maun and I have a score to settle with you as you well know." Confusion writ large on Marco's face, but he decided to plow on regardless. Also the surrounding area lit on fire at this point.
  "What exactly did I do to you?" "Don't play dum with me the first time was in China, you pulled into port and your ship bumped the dock rather hard. Well my carpet stand was knocked off the dock and fell in the ocean." Marco cut him off there, "Wait your a carpet merchant and your name is Cáir Pièt Maun" "Yes I am, and if you will allow me to continue. The next time was Burma you pulled into port and ran over my boat. I had just started my portable carpet business and YOU RUINED IT! (He seethed for a few minutes then continued) After that was India you came into town and did all your trading and what ever else terrible people do when they get shore leave. Then as you came down the road, your horse left a lovely brown mess all over my carpets, which I had just laid down. I heard you were going to the Persian Gulf next so I steered clear. I was going to go by the Black Sea on foot but saw you coming so I hoped on a boat to escape. It wasn't long before I ended up down here. Let me guess you saw me on a boat and got one of your own. I bet you tried to follow me, but the serpent got you first."
Marco's head was spinning at this story and he dint know what to make of it. Luckily he was spared having to respond because at that moment the serpent regurgitated it's boiling innards at Marco's ship. Cáir landed on the deck perfectly on two feet and was very proud of himself as various crew members around him had their faces burnt off and the like. The wind blows his hair back dramatically and he just started to feel proud of himself when Marco flew into him and knocked him off the ship. He was quickly eaten by the serpent again and the monster rushed away. And that my dear friends is why they call it the Black Sea....