The Civil Rights | Teen Ink

The Civil Rights

By kimberlyggarcia BRONZE, Dalton, Georgia
kimberlyggarcia BRONZE, Dalton, Georgia

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times
if only one remembers to turn on the light

“Wait wait”, said March “stop!” Everybody looked to see what was happening, March’s reaction was like she was scared, sad it was a reaction nobody had ever seen before. The bus driver David stopped. Wow what happened here? Said everyone with a gasp and a questioning face.” Let’s go check it out”, David announced. As the people went to help African Americans up off the floor, where they had been for like 5 minutes trying to breath. David went back to the bus to get the first aid kit in the bus, the African Americans were starting to get their breath back and started telling the people that came from the bus what had happened.

As David came back from the bus with the first aid kit March was talking to this girl named Santos Anderson. Hey can you tell me what happened to you and the other people or something so I can get a better understanding of what happened? And the girl could not tell him anything because a girl that she did not like was there and she said that if she told somebody what had happened to them that she would not only hurt her but that she would kill her. Because she was in the KKK but nobody would even suspect it was her.