Here Without You | Teen Ink

Here Without You

By BabyGirl2001 BRONZE, Dalton, Georgia
BabyGirl2001 BRONZE, Dalton, Georgia

You may be small on the outside, but on the inside you have a huge heart!!!

Bam, crash! The sound of African Americans marching. My characters nickname is Water. His real name is Jose. He loves to fight for his country and family. His wife and two children look up to him as if he were a hero. Jose’s wife, Rosa, his son, Joshua, and his daughter, Rosalinda, were all very important to him. He wouldn’t trade them for anything.
One day Jose and Rosa went to a park to have a lovely dinner. “Jose, I love you with all my heart! You are my life, my soul, my everything,” says Rosa. Jose says,” Rosa, I love you so much! Without you I would be in pain searching for you. You are the beat of my heart, the stars in my eyes, and the love of my life.” Jose and Rosa make the perfect couple, don’t they?
Suddenly, Rosa started to cough and choke. Jose says, “What’s wrong Rosa?” “I don’t know,” Rosa managed to say. It was a deadly virus that spread fast. Jose rushed Rosa to the hospital. The doctors quickly took her in the back. After hours went by the doctor came out. Scared to death, Jose asked if Rosa was going to be ok. The doctor says, “You can go say your goodbye. I’m sorry, Rosa will eventually die.” “No, this can’t be. There must be something you can do about it,” says Jose. He runs in to see Rosa. Quickly, he sits down beside her, takes her hand and says, “Rosa, you mean everything to me, I can’t stand to see you like this! Fate is tearing us apart.” Rosa slowly but softly says, “Jose, I know you love me. Nothing but death can pull us apart.” Jose kisses her hand and starts to cry. The doctor walks in and says, Jose, it’s time for you to go now. Jose stands up and walks to the door. Te Amo,” Jose says to Rosa. Rosa replies, “I love you to!” Jose walks out of the room and goes to the park to collect the things from the romantic night. Jose walks into the house to find his kids looking for their mother. “Where is momma,” asked Rosalinda. Joshua says, “Yea where is momma? We missed you two a lot.” Jose tells the kids to sit down. He says “Kids, your mother caught a horrible virus ad she is in the hospital.” says Jose. Together Joshua and Rosalinda say, “NO daddy, she can’t be!” ”Well, she is my darling kids, and she could possibly die from the virus,” says Jose. The kids start crying and this makes Jose start crying again. Days go by but the doctor still hasn’t informed Jose or the kids about Rosa.
The doctor finally called Jose and told him Rosa would be ok. Jose quickly tells his kids to get ready to go see their mom for the first time in a week. They arrive at the hospital and go up to her room. When they walk in all of them say, “Surprise, we lo..,” then they notice she is not there. Lying in the bed is an old woman. Jose tells the woman sorry and walks out of the room with the kids. They go to the front desk and ask for Rosa’s room number. The nurse checks the computer, “Sorry sir, Mrs. Rosa has been out for four days.” says the nurse. “Oh no” says the kids. Disappointed, Jose takes the kids home. Jose looks all over town for Rosa. He doesn’t find her anywhere. He knows something is wrong now. Rosa is missing. What Jose doesn’t know is that Rosa has been moved to a secret hospital and is having tests done to try and figure out what caused the virus.
Jose missed Rosa very much and couldn’t think of anything but to march for freedom. This way if Rosa was found she would have freedom. Well Rosa lost her memory from all the tests that they have done to her. She also looked different. Jose saw Rosa every day but never noticed her.
Months passed and Rosa slowly regained her memory little by little. The first thing she started to remember was her family. Rosa soon recognized Jose and tried to talk to him. Jose did not answer her. She thought Jose would notice her, his beloved wife. It was too late. The police had found an unidentified woman lying in an alley dead, with a gun in her hand. Jose saw her body and instantly recognized it. He started to cry. He wanted to kill himself but knew he had to be strong for his children. Jose went home to inform his kids. They both ran out the door crying,” No daddy that couldn’t have been momma!” Jose ran out the door after them. “Kids, come back.” If not for me, do it for your mom,” said Jose. The kids said “Okay daddy, we will come back for the both of you.” That night the kids and Jose had dinner, missing their mom they prayed for that woman that died not to be their mom/wife. Jose said “Dear Lord, please let my wife, the mother of my children, still be alive. Lord let us find her healthy and more beautiful than ever. Lord, help us get through this. In your name we pray, Amen.” “Amen” replied the kids. They all have a lovely dinner and then go to bed. The next morning, Jose and the kids was watching the news. They find out the police identified the woman by her finger prints. The police say ”This woman is…” TO BE CONTINUED…

Here Without You is a love story. I have wrote the first part and workingon the second. My story takes place during the Civil Wrights Movement. I got most of my ideas from my love life, but not all of it.