rain forrest | Teen Ink

rain forrest

January 21, 2015
By kyasia webber BRONZE, Bronx Ny, New York
kyasia webber BRONZE, Bronx Ny, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There was a young girl named amy who visited her family over her school break .she was reading a newspaper in the kitchen and a article caught her attention it had a headline of (THE NEW FACTORY IN THE RAIN FOREST). She was shocked that the state will give people permission to harm the ecosystem. Amy’s parents walked down stairs and said, “Good morning, Amy.”

Amy replied, “It’s not such of a good morning.”
Amy’s mother then said, “What’s wrong? You didn’t come on vacation to be upset with your family.”
Amy responded, “It’s not because of you guys. It’s because the state is giving some buisness man named Allan permission to build an oil factory where the rain forest is located.”
Amy’s mother and father both said, “What rain forest are they building the factory at ?” Amy responded with an attitude, “THE AMAZON IN ECUADOR!”
Amy’ mother replied, “It nothing that we could do about it the man already has permission.” Amy stormed off outside. Her mother said loudly, “Where are you going?” but Amy did not reply.
Amy’s father said, “Just let her go. She’ll come back. She just needs a little breather. You already know she takes her studying and caring for animals and the Earth very seriously.” Hours passed by and amy parent start to worry about why she not home yet and why she not picking up the phone. Amy’s mother waited and waited by the window to see if she was coming home and at 8:30 on the dot. Amy’s mother whisper to Amy with an attitude you had me worried sick about you.Amy then replied and said well im grown but forget about that but early in the morning i need to tell you and dad some very important news about what going to happen.
At 8:00 in the morning Amy got up bright and early. She preps breakfast for her mom and dad with coffee and orange juice.Amy’s father comes downstairs and said, “the early bird catches the worm huh.” she then replied very funny dad but i made ya breakfast since i’m up and I need to tell yall something and i hope you guys will have my back on this. Amy’s mother walked down the stars and said the food smell great,but what do you need to tell us sweety.
Amy then stated well since you are both here i had went downtown yesterday and ran into a lady that work with the state  i gave her a letter and on my way home she called me back and said a petition letter should come in the mail regarding my disagreement on why the rain forest  should stay.
Amy’s mother mumbled under her breath, “I don’t think it will work”, Amy then replied I might have a chance we just need to come up with a couple of idea to persuade the community to sign the petition, it won’t be that hard if we just try and give it our all. Amy farther suggested they try this he stated “this will be a good thing to try and do so im going to go down to the office and see if anyone would like to help us but Amy remember if this doesn’t work i don’t want you to get mad i want you to be proud that you did your best.”Amy proposed and said “I agree with cause what doesn’t kill you make you stronger.” but we need to make a plan so i will go uptown and see if i could get some people to sign and  dad could go to his office and mom you should stay here and get people in the neighborhood to sign. .so meanwhile Amy waited for 3 hours for the petition to come and when it did she jumped up and got dressed and headed out he father left about 20 min after her and her mom called a few friends to help her.Amy went downtown and greeted people with a good afternoon do you mind if i have a little discussion with you. Amy got 45 people to sign her patition and when she came home her dad had got 20 and her mom got 15 so in total they had 80 signiture in one day the pation was due at the end of the week Amy and her parents did this everyday till sunday and everyday they got at least 80 to 85 people to sign the petition so wednesday  Amy had a total of 240 signiture. AMY had got a call from a strange number later that day on wednesday she did not know who the person was so she let it go to voicemail when it went to voicemail a man named allan left a message and said hello my name  is allan and i own the greater value oil company but i had  “heard it might be a possibility that i can’t build a factory at the rainforest sight”. and that you are getting people to sign a patition to keep the rain forest but i have a proposal to give up on the signiture for 20 thousand dollers. please call me back for us to have a meeting and arrangment on the agreement or disagreement. Amy told her parent’s about the brieve and they told her to report it to the state or city council so nothing fishy happens.