Gambino Family | Teen Ink

Gambino Family

By Grisha Grigoryan BRONZE, Glendale, California
Grisha Grigoryan BRONZE, Glendale, California

I don't know where to begin. I feel completely betrayed. I grew up around these people, trusted every single one of them. I'm sorry where are my manners, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Carlo Gambino. You've probably heard of me before, the big-time mobster who pretty much runs New York. I'm the boss and the founder of the Gambino family. No one does anything in New York without my permission. I started all of this, I and the boys that I grew up with. Everything is going to waste now. The most hated and disrespected thing in a family is a rat. A rat is a person that informs the police about mob activity. Last week, my most trusted men, where making an armed weapons deal with the Bonanno family when the police raided the warehouse and made 28 arrests. Two of my men managed to escape. This raid cost me over $55,000 worth of merchandise. Three days ago, my most trusted friend followed Tony, our newly recruited soldier, and discovered that he was an undercover agent. He told me that Tony walked into a motel and walked out with an FBI agent. Can you believe this guy! Crossing me, no one back stabs me! Tony promised me his loyalty and trust and in return I made him a member of this family. After that day, Tony was never found again. New York is falling apart. The peace between the five families has dissolved and war has broke out between the Lucchese family and the Colombo family. Carmine Galante, the boss of the Bonanno family was shot today in the hospital by the Genovese family. All hell is breaking lose in New York. The streets have turned into war zones with fights breaking out everywhere. My success has came with many enemies and I fear for my own safety. I have doubled the amount of guards at my residence and drastically improved my security. Everyone is breaking the rules that our fathers created and our alliances are ending with betrayal. The police are asking for more money to look the other way due to all this mayhem. What worries me the most is the FBI and CIA getting involved. All of this violence and fighting is distracting us and making us vulnerable to them. If the FBI uses this time wisely, they will be able to dig out a lot of information about the five families and hit us when we least expect it. This is all way too much for me to handle. I liked the old days much better, when there were a set of rules that no family would break and every family would have respect towards other families. Everything is so much different now. Back in the days you had to ask for permission in order to even make a small-time deal. The men now a days lack respect mostly. I conclude this by saying that I will be resigning my position as the boss of the Gambino family. I will pass on the family to the hands of my son, Joseph Gambino. From this day on I shall be considered retired. I will never forget all the great people that helped me during my many years. I shall also never forget the neighborhood that I grew up in and lived for most of my life. Farewell to everyone that has ever loved and cared about me. 

Fiction story about the crime boss Carlo Gambino.