UNIT 7.3.1.

UNIT 7.3.1.
Seven days are gone, as well as hundreds of Chicness. I was a Japanese scientist at Unit 7.3.1. I was in charge of cleaning the “log” before the live dissection. I watch a man use a stethoscope listening to the heart, and a man with a knife was waiting, and as soon as the stethoscope was lifted the man started cutting. I watched many “loges” die on the surgical table. I heard the shrieks of pain as they were dissected without any anesthetics. I went to bed at night being tortured by those shrieks. All I could think of was that ‘this is for the Emperor’ and I was loyal to the Emperor, so I did his work no questions asked. I did not like what I did, but after a while you become desensitized.

I thought that the shrieks would haunt me forever, but after two years it became natural. I lived with a guiltless conscience. The man I was three years ago, was as dead as many of the “loges” throne in to the fire. I had no feeling now. I saw the fear in the eyes of the “loges”. I killed many of them. I may have even enjoyed my work, but there was this little voice in my head, and it kept telling me that this isn’t right, that I shouldn’t be doing this. These thoughts stayed in my head for many days. I started to question what I was doing. I was getting tired of this feeling. Always making me second-guess myself. Anything was better that the agonies I was facing now.

I was observing the plague outbreak in one of the villages. I saw the pain of its victims. That was the last time I would see this kind of pain. For that was the day it ended for me. I took off the protected suet I was wearing and went up to one of the infected people and touched them infecting myself. This pain felt better than the pain I had endured for the past few days. I lay in the field feeling death close upon me. Oh how I longed for it. Death was better than this life I was living. I suffered like this for almost a week.

And then the world went black.

Z.V.OksanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:56 pm:
I agree with Liv.Harris, great story, great concept, but I would definetely have made it longer. It's a big idea that deserves a few pages at least. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it <3

ChasityTaylorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:23 pm :
Alright I'll work on it. Thank you, and glad you enjoied it! XD

today at 5:22 pm :
I submited the updated version of this story for y'all, so keep an eye out for it. It should be out in a few days.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 6:20 pm:
It's pretty good! The only thing I would change is the length; maybe make a page or two longer, perhaps you could describe a particular log that  caused him pain, maybe even make him fall in love with her! I really like it otherwise though. You're a great writer! XD

yesterday at 10:06 pm :
Alright I'll think about it. And thank you. You're a great wrihter too!