I remember the noises | Teen Ink

I remember the noises

By FlyinEagle13 BRONZE, ROCKLIN, California
FlyinEagle13 BRONZE, ROCKLIN, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

I remember the noises, the humming, the explosions, and the screaming from the people. I remember the time was around midnight. And I started to hear humming that kept getting louder. I went outside and I looked up into the smoky cloud night sky. I could see what looked like shooting stars, but I knew they weren’t. As I was looking up I can hear the sound of alarms going and the sounds of the bombs hitting the hard cold ground. I can hear the shattering of windows and the debris from the ground crashing into the surrounding buildings.
I knew there was a war. A war where brothers are fighting brothers, and family fighting family and they kill each other but yet they love each other. I have no family. My family was killed by others for no heartless reason. I was alone.
As the planes drew closer and closer, the bombs got closer and closer. I was now able to feel the loud vibrant sound of each individual bomb hitting the stone cold ground. I flinched with every explosion I heard. The unpleasant sound of each bomb made my heart skip a beat and made me feel dead inside. The screams of children started to flood the streets as the kids ran for safety. But I knew the kids wouldn’t make it. Their small legs couldn’t carry them fast enough as the fear of death swallowed the children whole as the bombs kept drawing closer. And I just stood there, in my cap and gown watching, listening, and waiting. And I knew that I would not survive the violent blast from the bombs. I closed my eyes so that all I could see was the darkness of death.

I am a fan of World War 2. And this image of Britain came to me while reading the book 1984 by George Orwell.