The Diary of Voldemort | Teen Ink

The Diary of Voldemort

November 13, 2012
By EarthwormJimFan BRONZE, Dekalb, Missouri
EarthwormJimFan BRONZE, Dekalb, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I was once a mere mortal, named Tom Marvolo Riddle. After spending a long time in an orphanage, I discovered I had powers. I could make people ill and take revenge on anyone I didn’t like. I have decided to chroncicle my life in this book.
July 29, 1973
They had allowed a strange man with a long beard to come into my room and he introduced himself as “Professor Dumbledore”. I asked if he was going to treat me like a doctor does. He told me there was a school of magic-Pigwits? Anyway, he told me I have magical powers and I said that I could make bad things happen. Then he showed me that he was magic by setting my wardrobe on fire.

August 15, 1973

I had taken off for this magic school of Hogwarts and I found that I am in a house called Slytherin. I was sorted in by a strange talking hat. There are a few others with me in my dormitory.

May 26, 1975

I have graduated from Hogwarts in my second year and accused some big oaf named Hagrid for releasing a giant snake from the chamber of secrets. It was really me, but nobody knows that.

MANY YEARS LATER…

October 31, 1993

I have found my diary! Finally, as you may have noticed it has been at least 10 years since I last wrote.
I, Lord Voldemort, have taken over most of the wizarding world and am about to go to Godric’s hollow to take out a couple who think they can take me down. I have entered the house, and killed the man with one “Avada Kedavra”. The woman was hunched over a baby, trying to protect it. No such luck, as I blasted her away. Now just for fun, I will kill the baby Potter. “AVADA KEDAVRA!”
November 1, 1993
The baby had some kind of charm upon it! The spell was simply bounced away, leaving nothing but a scar on his head. Meanwhile I am in a feeble state, occupying a follower of mine named Quirrell. He is a strange, weak man, and plans to help me get revenge on this boy.
November 3, 1993
In other news, I found out that one of the Potter’s friends, Sirius Black, has been sent to Azkaban for killing 12 muggles and Peter Pettigrew, one of my followers. What a pity! I will miss him so much.
June 16, 2004
Quirrell has managed to find a job at Hogwarts, teaching Defense Against The Dark Arts. How ironic. Anyway, we are going there this year.
August 15, 2004
Now we can see the boy. He looks rather meek and we could take him if we needed to.
April 3, 2005
We nearly have the sorcerer’s stone, and who walks in but Harry Potter. I knew he didn’t realize we were the ones to have been suspicion. Quirrell has the sorcerer’s stone, and I knew he would steal it, so I killed him and Dumbledore destroyed it.
April 30, 2006
This diary was a horcrux, and it tried to form a new me using a girl called Ginny Weasley. I tried to use my parseltoungue to control it, but it was killed by the sword of Gryffindor, being wielded by that infuriating Potter
July 6, 2007
I have heard that Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban. What a treat. He was the guy who “killed” those muggles I was talking about. He will probably try to clear his name and adopt that rotten Potter.
May 16, 2009
I am Lord Voldemort once again. Wormtail, better known as Peter Pettigrew, helped me by taking Potter’s blood, my father’s bone and his own left arm. I have crafted him a new arm, that he and I can control.
March 16, 2010
The boy was in the ministry and his godfather, Sirius Black was killed by one of my faithful Death Eaters, Bellatrix Lestrange.
October 10, 2011
Something is wrong, I can feel that the boy has been destroying my horcruxes one by one, and I can’t make contact with him.
May 27, 2012
We have taken Hogwarts! Dementors are crawling everywhere, and I have killed Snape, a traitor to my cause. I have killed so many people in one night, I may break my old record! I have threatened that I will kill everyone unless Harry meets me in the woods. He is the final horcrux. He has met me, and with great fervor, I blasted him, he died. Twenty minutes later, he is somehow ALIVE AGAIN! He is running into the school, and
Here the diary ends, as you know what happens.