Dragon Masthead | Teen Ink

Dragon Masthead

By Jatzmin BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Jatzmin BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

My name is Daisy but my friends call me dancing dazzling Daisy. The reason they call me that is because I love to dance with the waves I spend all of my time with one of my best friends, the ocean and I just love to be taken by the waves as if we were one. That may seem as a fun thing to do but that got me in to a big situation last week, oh yea and I forgot to tell you I get a little distracted, I just love to spend every moment to the fullest. Life is short life is precious that’s why you have to make every moment count. That was the main point why I got in that situation but any ways it was a stormy day. I was loaded with material such as silver, silk, spices, wine, jewelry, and glass that we were going trade it to people from all over Europe and as far east as central Asia. I was dancing with the waves, singing, and having a good time like always, though it was a dark day as if something bad was going to happen. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my left side. Someone had shot me! I turned to my left quickly trying to see who had done such a thing when I saw that it was the English. They had got me unexpectedly I was sinking by the second, I panicked! I had never been in this kind of situation before. People jumping off of me trying to swim to shore people being shot and left dead floating by my side it was horrible. The more I panicked the faster I sank. When finally I got pushed to shore by the beautiful waves, gasping for air I approached the shore. As soon as the war was over the nice people that got swept to shore alive helped me cover my hole with the beautiful glistening green trees that laid on the island, and we went home. Bob, my best friend didn't believe me when I told him about my horrible adventure, I even showed him that my nose wasn't growing like Pinocchio's. No matter if my friends believe me or not, I will never forget that time when I almost died.