Wishes Do Come True | Teen Ink

Wishes Do Come True

It was a bright summer day; I was in the barn down below my house sitting on a bale of hay eating a plum. When I started to think of all my wishes. I have many wishes in mind; the problem is trying to find the time to make them come true. One of my wishes will be to find more plums to eat. I walked to the house to see that there were more plums for me to eat. Instead I saw my mother lying out on the couch in her worn out jeans and her Smokey Mountains t-shirt. She had been watching a movie because of the snow on the TV. I grab a plum and walk into the living room and turn the television off. I walk upstairs and see that my dad’s office door is open. I walk in the doorway and see that my dad is asleep on the guest bed and the computer still on. I tell him all the time to turn it off when he’s not using it and he still doesn’t listen. So I walk in, turn off the computer. When I walk out the doorway I hear him snort. “Could he be any louder,” I thought as I close the door. I walk into my room and it’s not very fancy like. With clothes on the floor, draped over chairs, and you know how rooms are messy. I move over to my desk and turn on my laptop. It feels like I waited forever for it to turn on. Finally it came on and I went straight to the internet. I scroll down to see if there’s any contest going on. “Here’s something,” I thought taking a bite from my plum. “Win a date with Channing Tatum.” “Win to go on tour with Luke Bryan.” “Win a free autographed jersey from David Beckham.” Could I win these things, I’m mean Channing Tatum is fine and beautiful. Luke Bryan is like my favorite singer and fine as well, and David Beckham, well who doesn’t want a jersey signed by him I mean is fine to. So I thought about signing up to see if I could win one of those things. First, I sign up for the Channing Tatum date, then the world tour with Luke Bryan, and finally the jersey from David Beckham. I know what you’re thinking, “Why all of them? Why not just one?” I’ll tell you why I picked all of them. All three of those boys are FINE!!! So I clicked the send icon and I laid back in my comfortable, blue fluffy chair and took another bite into my plum and said, “OH, I hope I win.”

This piece is somewhat like me. I don't live on a farm (trust me I wish I did) but I do like the celebrity's I listed on here though.

on Jun. 6 2012 at 5:45 pm
ScienceLover PLATINUM, Colden, New York

How do you think people who live in the country talk? "...and it's not very fancy like."

Well y'all I can tell you one thang. I live on a dang farm and there ain't no way I talk like that.

on Jun. 6 2012 at 5:45 pm
ScienceLover PLATINUM, Colden, New York