For Castro!!!! | Teen Ink

For Castro!!!!

By Justin17ftw BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
Justin17ftw BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free."

I was running as fast as I could, but they were still catching up to me. I looked over my shoulder. Then took a quick right turn down an alley, and sat behind a trash can. I was breathing hard. Suddenly I heard someone run into the alley. My breathing stopped, trying not to give away my position. A man was standing right next to the trash can. I could see him. He was tall with dark hair, strong built, with a scar down his neck. He was holding a handgun while he slowly walked down the alley, toward me. I took a quiet breath as he passed by me. He took a left and continued down the alley. I got up and started to walk the same way I came in. When I was about half way back to where I had entered. The man was there and he saw me so I turned around and the other man grabbed me by the arm. He said, come with me. I struggled and hit him hard in the face with my fist which turned his head and loosened his grip. Then he swung his fist at my head which jolted my head to the side. I reached up to my head and it felt like water streaming. I slowly moved my hand in front of my face and realized it was blood. I heard him say again you are coming with me, in his cuban accent.
The next thing I remember is waking up on a soft bed. Well softer than what i had been sleeping on for the past month. I had a white cloth wrapped around my head, and seemed to be in the hospital. Turning myself over I saw the man that had captured me. He was sitting in a chair sleeping. It seemed to be late and were still some people around. I knew I had to escape. Slowly getting up, trying not to make to much noise I tried to move my arm and it was handcuffed to the bed. I turned to the man and the key was dangling out of his pocket. Slowly reaching over for the key I slipped of the bed and heard my arm pop. Trying not to yell I grabbed the key. The man moved like he was going to get up and I trembled in fear. It turned out he was just adjusting himself. I was lucky that he didn’t see me when he slowly peeked opened up his eyes. I tried to slowly and quietly unlock my hand cuffs. When I turned the key it made a loud noise that woke the man. I looked at him as he slowly opened his eyes. I started to run out the door and he got up quickly and ran for security. I ran until i couldn’t see him any more. By that time i was surrounded by people. I didn’t know who was after me and who wasn’t. I got very dizzy and could not walk very well . I knew i had to get out of there but i didn’t know where the door was. I was struggling to stay standing up. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around and punched the man in the face. I looked at the man and it was the doctor, so I began running again and tripped over my foot and fell to the ground hard. I laid on the ground because I couldn’t move. I looked down the hall and the man saw me he was holding his gun. I knew it was all over. I knew my last words were, For Castro! I heard the bullet fly through the air like it was in slow motion...