Nameless | Teen Ink

Nameless

By -Madhatter- PLATINUM, Ballwin, Missouri
-Madhatter- PLATINUM, Ballwin, Missouri

"I hate it when people see you in the supermarket and they are like 'Hey! What are you doing here?' and I'm just like 'Oh you know....hunting elephants'"

You ask my name. I don’t recall it. I had a name once…. I remember my mother calling it with that soft flowery voice of hers. I know my number; 14864. So I guess that’s my name. I remember love… but that is a very faint memory. One that is so light, the breeze could easily carry it away. I cling to it as much as I can, but I know it will get lost as my name has. My memory serves nothing to me, for anything I remember no longer exists. Peace, joy, happiness, humanity, even comfort are non-existent. My head is shaved and my pride is lost. I have nothing of who I was with me. I am just a living shell of the human I once was. My calls for help have been drowned out by the waves of hate. I must go, for another day will start soon and yet again I will serve Hitler until my death.

on Oct. 12 2017 at 1:21 am
WritingAddict03 SILVER, Saint Peters , Missouri

Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Woah! This is absolutely amazing! I love how you managed to capture so much emotion in so little words; it's amazing and something I could NEVER do as beautifully as you did. Waiting until to the last moment to tell where your character is and why they fell the way the do was a phenomenal stylistic choice, and it helped to leave me with a better understanding of the hardships people faced at Hitler's hand by describing the character's thoughts first. This is definitely going on my favorites list!!!!!!!! KEEP WRITING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!