"I love you Sissy!" | Teen Ink

"I love you Sissy!"

June 9, 2011
By TheOriginalLemonSqueeze BRONZE, Hubbard, Oregon
TheOriginalLemonSqueeze BRONZE, Hubbard, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a warm summer day. Everyone was happy and joyful. We were on a ship in the Caribbean Ocean. We were in search of new land. Today is April 17th 1909 and are looking for an island to settle on. I came on this ship with my whole family which consists of my Mom, Dad, older brother, younger brother, and younger sister. Unfortunately I now have my two brothers and sister, my mom and dad died from a deadly sea sickness. It was no surprise since we have been out at sea for 3 months and around half the people on board have died. We are actually quite over it, even though they have only been dead for two days. Now we have no where to go, but I can’t wait to get to land. We have been on this ship for three months, and we all are getting tired of everyone on here.
As I stare at the ocean ahead of us, I start to think of my dad. He loved the sea, especially when it was like this. Waves crashing down, the fog just above the water. Not being able to see for miles, and having to ocean all to him almost. He loved it. I can even hear him, he’s calling my name. No it can’t be, I thought, he’s dead. All of a sudden I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. As I look back I see my older brother, Jim standing there talking, telling me something. I’m trying to listen, but I cant I’m still thinking of my dad. I can’t make out what he’s saying.
“Hey are you listening! He’s Dyeing! He needs your help! Hurry!” said Jim, my older brother, frantically as he grabbed my arm and started running me and pulling me downstairs of the boat. He ended up pulling me through hallways and down stairs I started to not think of my dad so much and stared wondering where I was being dragged, “fallow me! He needs your help!”
I walked into the nurse room and I immediately knew what he was talking about. My little brother, Josh, had been hurt. I had forgotten about my dad and started focusing on Josh. His neck had massive burn marks on them they almost looked purple. He was lying on the white bed in the middle of the room.
As we ran in the room the nurse put her finger over her mouth and said, “Sh.” And pointed to the door and told another nurse to watch him for her. We turned around and she fallowed us out to the hallway. “Your brother is doing fabulous. I can’t even begin to explain how he is, but I can’t even believe that he was strangled,” she said.
“STRANGLED? What do you mean? I’m confused.” I said trying to stay calm.
“He got caught in the lead ropes for the sails when we were putting them up this morning and he was strangled,” replied Jim. He put his hand on my shoulder and said,” I’m sorry.”
“It’s ok! It’s not your fault, but at least he’s doing ok! I said as I took a deep breath. Josh and I are closer than bread and butter. We haven’t done anything without telling each other, he’s my best friend. As I’m thinking about how this would affect us if he died, I started to cry. I went back in while the nurse and Jim fallowed me. Then I sat down in a chair held his hand and prayed that he would wake up soon. I look up and started crying.
I watched his face as he opened his sorry eyes. While he said, “I love you sissy, more than anything.” As he closed his eyes he stopped breathing, I could no longer feel a pulse on his wrist.
I screamed out, “He’s dead! He just died.” I cried and cried. The nurse confirmed it. I felt like I had just lost the only good half of me.
Jim put his hand on my shoulder and said, “It’s going to be alright.”
I fell to my knees and closed my eyes and died from the sight of loosing him.

The author's comments:
It's Very Emotiuonal